Stacking Puppy Video Or Info

Kaffy Magee

Ive sold one my boys to a couple in Tooradin on the condition he is shown. They want to have a go themselves, but if they dont like it then I will arrange for someone else to handle him.

The owners have never shown before and are having trouble teaching him to stack. She has said he sits drops and stays but she cant get him to stand, he keeps playing up. Ive tried explaining in an email what to do but its a bit hard if you dont have anyone there to show you. Does anyone have a really good video or easy to read explaination on how to do it, that I can send her. I live about 3 hours away so I cant help her physically. Puppy is an 11 week old Bullmastiff and has his first show on the 14th of August. Any help much appreciated. :heart:

Edited by Kaffy Magee

Thank you so much! I have just forwarded those links on to her. The dragonfly lama site is easy to read and understand, much easier than I could explain it. S

how lessons would be great. I thought they would be more expensive but $15 a lesson is very reasonable. Thanks again!

STAND and Stay is a much more useful lesson than sit and Stay. I don't teach my dogs sit until they are about 3! I show with bait for treats and don't want them jumping into a sit the minute they see the treats. They have to stand for every reward....

Good luck to all ;)

HI Nynka,

I dont teach my dogs sit either, which of course when anyone else tells them to sit and they dont, they are "disobedient",lol. I simply forgot to tell her not to teach him that yet. But it doesnt really matter I suppose, he is primarily a pet for them so I guess its natural they want him to know sit. We'll work around it. :)