Masking Odour With Chlorophyll

Pointers Rule

I tried to search for the answer but without a name it is fruitless.

I was told ages ago of a product you can give a bitch when in season to make her smell less "interesting"' Is anyone familiar with what I am referring to and can give me some information please.

Edited by Pointers Rule

I use three to 4 caps full for a whippet.

When you read the label you will see that it is virtually impossible to overdose.

When I say over dose I mean that it will harm them.

No use giving more than is needed.

It is also available in tablet form so I have been led to believe.

Thank you so much for your help. Have been to health food shop and got a bottle of this. They didn't have it in tablet form so will see how we go with the liquid. Isn't usually an issue with my girls but we are travelling with them shortly and thought this might make things easier.

Firstly is she already in season if so what day is she and last of all is she to be mated this season?

When I have used Chlorophyll I start on day 1 of heat as that gives better results and you don't want to mask the odor if she is to be mated.

I also buy the more expensive brand and give 10mls am and pm on food.

Firstly is she already in season if so what day is she and last of all is she to be mated this season?

When I have used Chlorophyll I start on day 1 of heat as that gives better results and you don't want to mask the odor if she is to be mated.

I also buy the more expensive brand and give 10mls am and pm on food.

Today is day one of the season and NO, she isn't being mated.

I have given her a 20ml dose this afternoon over the tongue with a syringe without incident and had planned on repeating that morning and night.

The brand I got is Natures Sunshine as that is what the girl in the health food shop recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would revisit this and let you know how we went with the Chlorophyll.

We travelled to Brisbane with three dogs and three bitches, showed a bitch at the Royal in season and had all six dogs living in the same garage for 10 days without a problem. Granted the bitch in season was not in the trailer with the others but was in her trolley next to the trailer and other than one boy being a bit toey for a couple of days, no one went off their food or carried on. There was also another entire male where we were staying and he was none the wiser either. Was easy and I will always make sure I have some Chlorophyll on hand!!!!!!!

chlorophyll is detrived from such plants as parsley and alfalfa.

It is often marketed for dogs as a breath freshener. It is suggested to add to the water when being used for this purpose.

I found out later it can mask the 'heat ' smell some what to!

Problem is my girls wouldn't touch the water even when I only put a few drops in!!!

But I'll try it in their food next time one is in season, should be quite helpful to ward of some unwanted attention especially when you take them out.