Australian Made, Premium Dog Foods?

I am looking for some recommendations for Australian made, premium dog foods. Particularly need one that either has a senior range, or a sensitive stomach type range, as well as puppy.

Am in Canberra though, and we don't seem to have access to a great range of foods here. I have just discovered somewhere that sells Nutro though, so would welcome some comments on this product.

Thanks

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using Nutro for quite a while now for both my own dogs (a couple of which have allergies) and some of my rescue dogs. I have been very happy with it and have found it is tolerated very well. I use the Chicken and Oatmeal one.

I have also used the senior and found it very popular with the senior dogs (and the younger ones if they got hold of it).

All natural ingredients, no offal etc.

I live in ACT area and get mine from Petbarn.

I have also used the Advance Tuna and Rice and was happy with that, however it is now getting very expensive.

R

I feed Nutro Puppy, and my 5 month old puppy is thriving. When we got him he had really dry skin, so we changed him to Nutro and have never looked back. He does get fed Raw as well. One meal Raw one meal Nutro.

My mum also feed Nutro to her dogs, and they have never looked so good.

I would recommend you try it, if your dog doesn't do well on it or doesn't like it you can always return it for your money back or exchange. Can't go wrong.

May I please ask why it has to be Aust. made ?.

There are plenty of good quality import foods on the market that would be considered by some to be better than the local product.

I know for me, I just prefer to buy Austrlian Made over imported products.

May I please ask why it has to be Aust. made ?.

There are plenty of good quality import foods on the market that would be considered by some to be better than the local product.

I know for me, I just prefer to buy Austrlian Made over imported products.

Me to I buy Advance

I don't understand why people would buy an Australian product over a better quality imported one just because it was made in Aust.

It just doesn't make sense to me. :laugh:

Especially if my dog did better on an imported one. :rofl:

I don't understand why people would buy an Australian product over a better quality imported one just because it was made in Aust.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

I understand. It's about keeping Australian money in Australia. It makes perfect sense to me.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

I understand. It's about keeping Australian money in Australia. It makes perfect sense to me.

Yeah, sorry I thought it was obvious. I like to support Australian jobs, and like GayleK said, it's about keeping Australian money in Australia. Oh course if my dog didn't do so well on any Australian made product, it might be a different story, but then I think I may convert to 100% raw, if it suited my dog.

someone may correct me, but i also believe some ,if not all imported kibble is irradiated coming in through customs/quarantine.

I'd rather avoid that, as well as rather buy Australian.....

I feed raw anyway, so we don't use kibble

No, not all imported kibble is irradiated. :laugh:

And although I also prefer to buy Australian where I can, the reality is that many products (not just dog related) that are made here, are not owned by an Australian company, nor are all the ingredients Australian.

Sags

No, not all imported kibble is irradiated. :laugh:

Sags

Some is though, am i right?? How would you know which ones??

There have also been some problems with imported dog foods.

Pro Plan is being switched over to be made in Australia. Check the bags as some is made here now.

For Australian owned you could look at Nature's Gift and Great Barko/Uncle Albers.