Proposed Vic Dog Laws In The Upper House

sumosmum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Sue Pennicuik. I'm impressed :vomit:.

I think the others are asleep!

They're at least alive .... I heard them snorting and making other humanic noises. :laugh:

Edited by Erny

Go Sue Pennicuik. I'm impressed :vomit:.

Totally agree Erny, and now she is on to puppy farms. This is good! :laugh:

Yes - she seems to be covering much of the key points and doing a pretty good job.

Hey Libs and Nationals!! If you're reading, we're listening in. And hoping you are sensible enough to take on board what Sue is saying and understanding that we want and need you to vote strongly against this Bill.

Speak up Kaye!!

And you're wrong!! Responsible dog-owners DO have things to fear out of this Bill!! You are just clouting the rubbish that has been sprouted to us in the past. We have already answered to that in the many of our letters past and present and yet you stick on the same record.

Kaye Darveniza - ALP. Thinks the Laws are ok.

State Elections are 27th November.

I won't be voting ALP.

Edited by Erny

I like the way she brought up about puppy farms as well. It is a fact that Brumby didn't want to tackle them due to the fact it is an election year. Wouldn't want to upset too much "money" and votes! So glad they got that bit in.

And, who is going to run the courses that the owners are made to attend? No mention of who will be doing that?

KCC will grab that with both arms, I think.

ETA:

Kaye's not going into the details of such important matters such as the Council having power to destroy on the spot and what conditions Council have to meet, because of the time of the night. Great one Kaye. Yet you thought the most important part to spend most time on was the (by comparison to death of the dog) the more benign topic of the fines. Right.

:laugh::vomit:

Edited by Erny

She is doing it on purpose. Because, we know exactly what it is. It is all a big load of rubbish.

Yes, I think the course is going to be done by Vicdogs. Lots of money for them to make out of this. No wonder they back this Bill!!

Edited by sumosmum

Kaye mentioned about Procedural Fairness.

Wonder if she'll mention they've based this law on Herald-Sun media reports.

This is the ALP's Bill. You'd think they'd be able to "umm and ahh" a lot less when they speak about it.

Edited by Erny

My volume won't go up high enough. I heard a lot of "eyes" and not many "nays"..

What happened? Did it just pass?

ETA: Most if not all of the amendments proposed by Sue Pennicuik seem to be being rejected.

Arguing the 48 hours destruction rights - Sue's putting up a good argument for that one.

They're ringing the bells on this one!! :vomit::laugh:

Edited by Erny