Touchy Subject But Need Advice Or Help.

Danielle

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danielle, what mass hysteria over a dog you havent met. Your friend now looks like the worlds biggest arse hole and hundreds of obsessed dog people who are very angry now have her number. Not one person here has met the dog.

The dog is obviously scared shitless and is trapped in an environment where it is totally threatend.

I wouldnt mind ringing her myself and alerting her to your thread so she can speak for herself. SHe may be in the wrong, but who knows for sure.

How is she going to give it to someone else, if she can't even handle it?

How is someone going to come and get her if shes trying to bite their face off?

I think we haven't all the facts and haven't been told the full truth here.

Danielle, what mass hysteria over a dog you havent met. Your friend now looks like the worlds biggest arse hole and hundreds of obsessed dog people who are very angry now have her number. Not one person here has met the dog.

The dog is obviously scared shitless and is trapped in an environment where it is totally threatend.

I wouldnt mind ringing her myself and alerting her to your thread so she can speak for herself. SHe may be in the wrong, but who knows for sure.

I think danielle just started this thread asking for advice which was given- PTS or behavioural assessment.

It has escalated and gotten a bit out of hand as many of these threads do.

She may have exaggerated the problems of the pup when speaking with Danielle and the pup may be fine to rehome (I hopse this is the case). However, in light of the gumtree ad I think its fair to say she is possibly not the most responsible person.

i agree but put an allegedly aggressive dog together with a 4 year old child (or any child) and i think caution is called for and that is why i suggested the dog is removed from the home to a more suitable location...and i do not think a more suitable location would be found using an ad in gumtree. once a dog has bitten a child there is no turning back.

the dog needs assessment before it goes anywhere, just in case another child resides in its new home.

Why on earth would the mother put her child at risk. The dog is obviously locked away from the existing dogs and the family.

If only people would put their concerns, passion and efforts in to the rescue forum rather than carrying on like a pack of vicious red kelpies. Imagine what could have been achieved today.

Vicious Red Kelpies???? Bite your tongue.

It was a play on words Earthdog, tasty ones.

THis dog has been read its death sentence by the OP and dozens of others. Nobody has met it, the owner cant even tell us what the problem is, and is obviously in the dark about the DOL consult and the monster she has become.

Chewbacca:

Not one person here has met the dog.

Correct. But "dozens" recommended its owner have it assesssed by a professional so that its prospects for rehabilitation could be assessed. The advice was not as simple as PTS and a lot of folk noted that there was a young child in the house. The OP posted seeking help.

Gutsy call by someone who hasn't met the dog either Chewy. You have no more knowledge of what's motivating this dog's aggression than the next person.

Without professional assessment and help this dog might well be an accident waiting to happen. No one knows and that's the whole point.

Maybe she did exaggerate the pups aggressiveness to Danielle? Who knows really.. either way I dont think gumtree is the best place for this dog to be rehomed. Just out of curiosity Danielle, did your interactions with the owner of the puppy occur online? I find that often people tend to exaggerate things online without even meaning too.

I was under the impression that Danielle had met the dog.. revising the thread I can now see that she didn't and doesn't even live in the same state as where its located. Everyone who commented was only commenting based on what was written here, which is fair enough.. it's not as though anyone should take advice from strangers on a forum and put into action without even consulting higher help or other opinions. From what was written.. the conclusion can easily be drawn the pup is very human aggressive and in need of help. I only hope that someone who knows what their doing ends up with this dog..

Chewbacca:
Not one person here has met the dog.

Correct. But "dozens" recommended its owner have it assesssed by a professional so that its prospects for rehabilitation could be assessed. The advice was not as simple as PTS and a lot of folk noted that there was a young child in the house. The OP posted seeking help.

Gutsy call by someone who hasn't met the dog either Chewy. You have no more knowledge of what's motivating this dog's aggression than the next person.

Without professional assessment and help this dog might well be an accident waiting to happen. No one knows and that's the whole point.

The woman said in her ad her dogs were causing it grief PF, that was not an assumption. from the ad. "She's just not suited to our home and I don't want to scare her anymore with our other 4 dogs.. "

Danielle started the thread with good intention to help her friend but should have nailed it when the assumptions started flooding in. I wouldnt be dumping a friend over a dog I hadnt met.

ETA ad extract

Edited by Chewbacca

The woman said in her ad her dogs were causing it grief PF, that was not an assumption.

Danielle started the thread with good intention to help her friend but should have nailed it when the assumptions started flooding in. I wouldnt be dumping a friend over a dog I hadnt met.

How does a pup being intimidated by other dogs (if true) explain it running from people and biting any human who approaches it (if true)?

In the end we are both speculating. Someone who knows their arse from their elbow in terms of dog behaviour needs to see this dog but frankly I don't think that's going to happen. :rainbowbridge:

Edited by poodlefan

The woman said in her ad her dogs were causing it grief PF, that was not an assumption.

How does a pup being intimidated by other dogs (if true) explain it running from people and biting any human who approaches it (if true)?

In the end we are both speculating. Someone who knows their arse from their elbow in terms of dog behaviour needs to see this dog but frankly I don't think that's going to happen. :rainbowbridge:

Perhaps she doesnt have the $300 floating around in her biscuit tin to hand over to have it assessed. She didnt get to meet the dog prior to it being dropped off at her place, the person who will be taking the dog will make a reasonable assessment based on whether their extremities are still in tact by the end of the conversation.

EFC

Edited by Chewbacca

Why on earth would the mother put her child at risk. The dog is obviously locked away from the existing dogs and the family.

If only people would put their concerns, passion and efforts in to the rescue forum rather than carrying on like a pack of vicious red kelpies. Imagine what could have been achieved today.

How do you know that people haven't been putting their concerns passions and efforts into rescuing dogs today, as well as sparing a few minutes to let Danielle know the available options or the risks associated with moving this dog on? What do you imagine could have been achieved today?

Wowee, look at what this has turned into. Im stunned.

Ive tried to help this girl with this dog, but she wont listen to me. So im done with giving advice. Im also done with asking for it in relation to this dog as Im tired of it.

I was told on the phone and also via internet that the dog bites and growls and is terrified of everything. The girl is worried for her child and the animal has a lump on its head which I assume could be causing it pain, I have the photo of it she emailed me. Ive asked her to take it to the vet to no avail. Ive tried to seek out a rescue org for the dog, Ive even considered taking it myself at my own personal expense. Anyone who judges me on that can get stuffed. There is nothing else I can do, Im not a miracle worker.

Anyways, I just hope the poor dog gets a good home and that this girl learns from this experience. But Im done. If you guys can do better go right ahead and be my guest.

Danielle, I think what you have done is a lot more the most people would do for a dog. I think you have done all you can do, and it's not your fault that your friend won't listen to you. :rainbowbridge: to you.

Danielle, I think what you have done is a lot more the most people would do for a dog. I think you have done all you can do, and it's not your fault that your friend won't listen to you. :laugh: to you.

x2 :rainbowbridge:

x3