Savic Dog Crates + Covers

heroeswit

I'm getting a Savic 118cm Dog crate from a pet shop but I'm wondering about the Savic dog crate covers. Does anyone have one of these and what is your experience with these? Are they waterproof/resistant? are they worth buying or is there another sort that you would recommend?

Thanks for your help

Hi

I was offered a Savic cover when I brought my Savic crate, it was only light weight plastic, like the material used for lightweight plastic shower curtains, I decided againsted it.

Not sure how I feel about my Savic crate, I have found that the metal bends very easily. My husband has had to brace the base. The plastic insert cracked and broke very easily. I can only use the side gate as the front gate has had to be permanently attached with D clips as my male GSD was able to barrel straight thru it.

My boy is a 35 kilo GSD. He just pushed and pushed against it for some reason, never did this in his Vari crate. I also have the black wire crates that I have brought from the show buses/vans which he has never bent, but the Savic for some reason bent at the front door, and the base as well.