British Bulldog Pup Limping

kimbo83

if ti is his knee joint then i'm pretty sure that an anterior cruciate ligament issue is the most likely cause. most vets will tell you the most liekly cause or issue, and usually throw in some other awful ones. they will usually give you a worst case scenario as well to prep you. what did your vet say he thought was the issue?

again though, joints are easier to diagnose with an arthroscopy-expensive though they are they will tell you exactly what you are dealing with.

They mentioned something about ligament issue but honestly I don't think they are really even sure. How expensive is this arthroscopy?

I hate to sound rude but it shouldn't matter, you need to get to the bottom of the problem...

That's a bit rough. I like to research prices too. It doesn't mean I don't care about the dog but it means I can start planning my finances :laugh:

I research prices as well but still put my dogs welfare first. All these possible problems - I hope it is not too serious for your pup.

Ages ago my 10 kg dog went lame on one leg suddenly but on examination of the leg and joint there didn't seem to be any pain. I can't even remember now if he went to the vet or not but if so there was only medication prescribed. No xrays etc were ever done.

He seemed unconcerned to walk on 3 legs as he is fairly light and agile. I still walked him as normal as he could put his leg down but tended not to. He limped for a week or so like this and then never another problem.

I hope your pup is diagnosed soon and it is good news.