Check Out This Gorgeous Dude (bcx?) Updated!

spottychick

If he has a bob tail that could point him in the Aussie direction!

More common to see bi colour merled BCs than Aussies (although there are bi colours around in the Aussies too, Lucy's Mama on here has a blue merle bi colour [ie no tan markings above the eyes, on the legs]).

If he has a bob tail that could point him in the Aussie direction!

More common to see bi colour merled BCs than Aussies (although there are bi colours around in the Aussies too, Lucy's Mama on here has a blue merle bi colour [ie no tan markings above the eyes, on the legs]).

+1 with all of this.

Cutie though.

I think you need to see a photot of the dog standing to see what his body shape is - squarer or longer- and to see what his coat is really. To me he looks looks a BC but I am a BC person.

Guest Clover

There are some gorgeous dogs available for adoption there :laugh:. Hopefully all or most will find good forever homes.

He is a stunner. He looks very much like a blue merle aussie, the only difference is that blue merle aussies tend to have the tan patches which this beautiful dog doesn't. Gotta say, love them aussies.

Edited by Moselle

Just thought I'd let you all know the news on this boy.

I rang the shelter today and spoke to a lovely lady about George and about Penny the dalmatian.

Gorgeous George is definitely a Border Collie and is actually a pure-bred BC (well according to the person who surrendered him) BUT from a backyard breeder. He was surrendered along with another male (black/white) and female (tan/white - Sandy who is also on the website) by the mother of the person who was breeding them (but the dogs were all different ages). The "breeder" was not a puppy farmer but someone who let her dogs keep randomly breeding litters.

Anyway - Gorgeous George has been adopted :rofl::( and so has the black/white (who they told me was one of the most beautiful BCs they'd come across). All three have been well-treated by the previous owners and are very happy healthy dogs. Sandy is still waiting for a new home.

You'll be pleased to know that they are careful about who they adopt dogs to. When I talked with them about the dalmatian the lady told me she's had lots of interest in Penny BUT has refused several people. One of the people she did a yard check on and there was no fence between where the dog would be and the chickens. When she pointed that out the woman said "Can't I just train her not to chase chickens" and the TDH lady said "She is only 6 months old - she won't just learn immediately" She failed her on the yard check. (She also told me that as she was leaving the woman mumbled something about when her "other two dogs" had chased and killed chickens she would thump them with the dead chook - so she was VERY glad she'd refused her application!!!!)

So clearly they are careful about rehoming dogs!

If you're curious this is their policy and why I support them over the... er ... other mob ;)

TDH policy

Edited by spottychick