Polar Fleece And Formaldehyde

percyk

Just bringing this matter back to doggy stuff .... Souff never really gets too upset if the large dogs eat a bit of the plastic chocolate. Of course if a small dog consumes a large amount of the stuff that is a different matter, they are going to throw up inside the house arent they, so better that they do that at the vets.

But REAL chocolate is a totally different matter, that stuff can kill a dog. A bit like eating formaldehyde straight off the blanket.

Souff

i love polar fleece like most of you guys do

but some time ago i saw a program about the use of formaldehyde in making fabric cuddly- soft and helping prevent mold and mildew from growing on it when it is being stored and exported

it is of course made in china and it has been linked to rashes allergies respiratory illness and cancer

i just read an article about someone suffering mysterious rashes when wearing victoria secrets lingerie which is made in china and this prompted my memory in regards to all these lovely soft fabrics like polar fleece and mink blankets and possible side effects

i use woollen blankets for my dogs but i allow them to wear the polar fleece coats...my dogs are young and i have had no problems with them but im wondering if perhaps with time all our cossetted pets will end up with health problems

i know many of these things we hear come from scaremongers ....but still..

that ' newclothes smell' creeps me out nonetheless..maybe it is best to wash polar fleece before allowing pets to wear it or sleep on it? dont know if it makes a difference...

i hate that we are victims of these silent threats around us...no matter how hard you try to protect yourself and your family and pets....theres always something out there that you dont know about

what you all reckon?

I agree with you on this, percyk! I don't trust fabrics/materials/food manufactured in certain countries.

Just one example: Toxic scare sparks blanket recall