Sometimes I Feel Like Smacking Myself In The Head!

tez

Ok...Jane is a bouncey 18 month labby cross and Gus is 5 and 1/2 months old. Jane has always been super excited when we have visitors and jumps and bounces around out of control with excitment. Gus is pretty low key but Jane's hyper-excitability really gees him up so when people drop around it can become quite stressfull as both the dogs go all out to meet and greet the visitors!

So...the question I have to ask myself is...why oh why has it taken me this long to realise that all I needed to do was get a small handfull of treats and get the dogs to sit and drop while the visitors came in!!!! :laugh: And to call them over for a sit-reward if they got excited during the visitors stay!

Instead of two hyped up dogs going silly, I had two well-behaved dogs who got to stay in the room with some relaxed people.

Too easy and yet it has taken me this long to work it out :D

Ok...Jane is a bouncey 18 month labby cross and Gus is 5 and 1/2 months old. Jane has always been super excited when we have visitors and jumps and bounces around out of control with excitment. Gus is pretty low key but Jane's hyper-excitability really gees him up so when people drop around it can become quite stressfull as both the dogs go all out to meet and greet the visitors!

So...the question I have to ask myself is...why oh why has it taken me this long to realise that all I needed to do was get a small handfull of treats and get the dogs to sit and drop while the visitors came in!!!! :D And to call them over for a sit-reward if they got excited during the visitors stay!

Instead of two hyped up dogs going silly, I had two well-behaved dogs who got to stay in the room with some relaxed people.

Too easy and yet it has taken me this long to work it out :D

;) :cooldance: Amazing what a handful of treats can do :laugh: Teach them a few tricks and add that the the routine and amaze your guests :champagne:

Just can't believe how slow I am at catching on! A few minutes of getting their focus off the visitors and they relaxed and most importantly, lets the visitors relax too!

I almost want more visitors to arrive so we can practise again :laugh: