Walking Puppy

pomchi

Well Vicks on the leash has been recommended on DOL before (and more than once) by experts (see here) but we're making some progress with Elbie and his leash-biting so we don't need to pursue the Vicks route. For us, it's still the pulling that's driving us bonkers. Again we only made it to the end of the street again today because he was pulling like a maniac. He will sit very nicely but he thinks 'heel' and go means bolt off into the great blue yonder even though he walks very nicely on a loose leash in the house, the backyard and now the front yard. We just have to try to get him not to pull once we're on the road!

Hi

We went through exactly the same thing with out little guy.

We used bitter bite on the lead that did not help, i think he liked it. It was suggested to rub deep heat into the lead just leaving the smell and this did not work so in all honesty i cant suggested anything with the lead chewing.

But pulling i can, our little bloke was a right pain in the arse, i can across a Ezy walk harness and i can tell you without a word of a lie, it work on the very very first walk, as soon as that lead got a little tight he slowed straight away, best many i have spent

• 2 weeks later...