Bedding For Arthritis

Teebs

Poor darlin ,have u thought of a bean bag bed ??I make them to order <Have made heaps & yet to have one destroyed !!my dogs all have them & will eat anything :confused: But they have NEVER destroyed thier bean bag beds,

pm me if u r interested in more info .

Could be lethal if he did chew it. A gut full of polystyrene beans can't be good.

Teebs, would he chew a mattress? I had one made for Cody, it cost me $100 and it's about 110cm square.

try shade cloth, filled with fibre filling (or wool filling). Dogs seem to like the roughness and they can scratch it around to the how they want. I looked at those expensive beds, but realised it was just shade cloth - so made my own. Dog hasn't chewed it yet.

Well, at this stage - prototype stage, that is :lollipop: - it is costing me $30 to make each bed, just in materials/

I am hoping that these are completely indestructible, not to mention totally impervious to all disinfectants; and at least more comfortable than a concrete paltform for dogs in pounds etc.

So Teebs - there is an Atlas-sized Destructo-Dog Bed here in Canberra waiting for you; and one giant-breed sized bed almost ready to go.

If anyone wants to cover the costs of making a couple more prototypes, then give me feedback on how indestructible they actually are - not to mention i the dogs find them comfortable enough to sleep on - then I will do a few more before deciding if they are a 'goer' and bumping up the price a bit :rofl:

Cheers

Nic

thank you!

At this stage it LOOKS like i have Tuesday off, just need to see if i can borrow a car on gas (dads) so it doesnt cost a fortune to get there, should know tomorrow - it will fit in a normal car?

Does any time suit you? Is tuesday ok?

try shade cloth, filled with fibre filling (or wool filling). Dogs seem to like the roughness and they can scratch it around to the how they want. I looked at those expensive beds, but realised it was just shade cloth - so made my own. Dog hasn't chewed it yet.

Starts thinking......maybe straw in shade cloth?

teebs, try getting the kennels off the ground too, i have mine on wooden pallets. i also have a piece of rubber on the bottom of the kennel ,then the bed on that.

straw sounds like a good idea, might try that one :laugh:

how about dog boots?

i bought some for mase for his sore feet, and they are brilliant, they are by "canine spirit", they do soft ones.

Straw is excellent.....and yes a THICK HEAVY ,(possibly even nailed or glued down) rubber or carpet mat underneath the straw for the kennel . Tip to stop straw spilling out of the kennel....if the front kennel opening goes right down to the bottom of the kennel, install a lip at the bottom by getting a narrow plank of wood the length of the kennel front and screwing /nailing it behind the opening.If they eat the wood its easy replaced.

The most 'unkillable' pillow/mattress type beds i have come across have very very heavy canvass outer.

here is Baby Bear & Little Man modelling the wooden front insert . Obviously they aren't bed killers, but this kennel used to be filled with straw for a bed killer !

post-34343-1279318872_thumb.jpg

Edited by DBT

I finished at 4am, had to get up at 8 to walk a dog and unlock work for one of the girls, then went to bed from 9 - 1, so i am good :thumbsup:

Atlas has only just crawled out of bed (my bed) bloody lazy dog he is!

Thanks, Persephone - I only hope they prove as indestructible, hygenic, and comfortable as I hope they are...

Here are the three types we have: the Bed For Giant Destructo-Dogs; the Bed For Medium Destructo-Dogs; and the Oval Bed For Medium Destructo-Dogs:

IMG_0124.jpg