Cattle Puppy Losing Hair

Guest chillinamos

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest choice_brandy

I am not disregarding anyones advice, and appreciate Rappies help very muchly :laugh:

In all honesty I am feeling guilty that I have not tried harder to get to the bottom of the problem sooner, I guess having checked with the vet previously and had him not overly concerned had lulled me into thinking all was ok but obviously we have a problem and its not normal for hair to rub out like this.

The only reason she was given revolution today was because I insisted it couldn't hurt... I know by changing her diet at the same time that if either one works I'll be frustrated not knowing, but at least the problem is solved sooner rather than later, and if neither works we can look elsewhere sooner also... that's what I am thinking anyway

Guest choice_brandy
Changing her diet at this time could result in a puppy with diarrhoea or worse and you don't want to add that to the other issues surely?

I am changing it gradually and under veterinary advice, and it's an effort to solve the problem we're having. I have never been a fan of supercoat anyway, and have read that numerous people have had skin problems associated with supercoat. We have ruled out obvious causes of hairloss. The only change will be to increase the quality of food she's getting, I hardly expect a worse result than what we currently have on our hands.