We Have An Injury...

Dame Aussie

Just noticed a bit of blood just at the outer corner or Mosley's left eye. Had a closer look and there's a teensy scratch just next to his eye, not his actual eye, no idea what he's done, whether he scratched it himself or did something out in the yard? It doesn't seem to be bothering him.

I've cleaned it and it doesn't look too bad and I'll take him into the Vet tomorrow, but was just wondering if there was anything else I could/should do until then?

TIA :shrug:

if its just on the skin bathe it with salty water and let it dry. I wouldnt go to the vet for just a scratch. If you have some iodine make a weak tea coloured solution or if its in a paste then a teeny weeny smear on it if you're really worried.

if its just on the skin bathe it with salty water and let it dry. I wouldnt go to the vet for just a scratch. If you have some iodine make a weak tea coloured solution or if its in a paste then a teeny weeny smear on it if you're really worried.

OH said he same thing Nekhbet, I'll see how it is tomorrow but I'm not too worried as it is just on the skin.

Thanks

:rofl:

If you don't have any iodine, you should get some for the future- it's great for little incidental scratches/hot spots etc.

I wouldn't go to the vet for a scratch either.

:rofl:

If you don't have any iodine, you should get some for the future- it's great for little incidental scratches/hot spots etc.

I wouldn't go to the vet for a scratch either.

One can never be too sure,better to be safe than sorry,trying to save on a vets consultation & all the worry.

My girls "scratch" turned into being a Corneal Ulcer over days,I tried all the suggestions mentioned.

, vet treated with anti-biotic cream "Optichlor" not treated could turn to blindness,don't mean to frighten you but this cream is a good thing to have on hand in-case of another occasion.Healed in 2 days.

Always thought "salty water" to bathe eyes,vet said how would I like salty water in my eye! Suggested a mere scratch to bathe in milk.

Sensible post, a tiny scratch that hasn't affected the eye itself certainly doesn't require a vet's visit.

:laugh: