Blue Coat Appearing 'bronze'?!

My Amstaff is 'blue'...

but she often appears a bronze colour on certain days...and seems to have symetrical bronzey patches on her 'withers' (top of her shoulders).

What causes this?! How can I fix it!

working on pictures now....

They look to be "angel wings", they shouldn't be marked down in the ring, sometimes dogs become bleached or brassy if they are not getting enough copper in their diet but if the rest of the coat is fine and it is only the wings you dont need to worry.

I have seen this in Amstaffs, If she is a blue from a red parent, or with a lot of red in the pedigree the blue does tend to get a smutty or bronzy as they get older, just one of those things.

If amstaffs are the same colour genetics as staffies then your dog cannot be blue, but would be blue brindle. The lighter patches are caused by that pattern. In the same way as you never get pure black you get a very dark brindle, you never get pure blue, only a very dark blue brindle.

could it be partly diet affected? I've known a black dog be 'red' after eating lots of training treats with food colouring. Once they were cut out of the diet, the coat returned to black.

Thanks Clyde!

It doesnt really bother me, but we were interested in showing 'Bella' and i was wondering if it was something that would be marked down in the ring and if it was something i can change. Seems the answer is 'no' to both of my questions!

Edited by Amerigo

If I don't brush my black lab for a while in bright sunshine he starts to look chocolate in patches but a good brush will have him glossy and black again, I presume it is dead loose coat causing the change in colour. Any chance it is the same for your boy?