Something That S*ts Me Repeatedly

MonElite

Having a Dane, I'm subject to the bigger is better rules. People with all types of dogs stop us and make some daft announcement about how their dog's parent's were wayyy bigger than my dog, so their dog is going to make her look like a puppy.

Yes, of course I'm going to believe that your obese Labradoodle is going to magically shoot up to tower over Moon's 35 inches. It's perfectly reasonable to believe that your waddling mutt's lumbering paws are a clear indication of it's adult size.

Maybe all it's fat will migrate to it's legs to make them longer, or you can try hypnosis to re-wire it's brain to believe it's a pure Dane, then it'll just shoot up.

:laugh:

They must be the same sort of people that we see at the off-lead park claiming that their hyperactive crossbreed is as fast as, or even faster than a greyhound.

Then they let their dog off lead and it madly races across the park as fast as its luxating little legs can carry it while Coconut runs rings around it at a very gentle gallop. :o

:(

:o

I can just see her, rolling her eyes as she easily passes the madly running cross.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda took from that 'example' post that they were saying their Dobe is from working lines AS WELL as going to be a big boy, hence why they wanted to find a suitable trainer.

But I get where you're coming from. I get sick of people who want to brag about how big their Dane is going to be, like it's a good thing.

I think it was my post you are all talking about, and yes I did mean that he was going to be a big dog AS WELL as being from working lines. I was trying to make the point that with a dog of that breed and size I wanted to go to a club where telling your dog 'no' is not looked at as abuse. i am not bragging about anything (although I do think my dog is beautiful and I love him no matter how big he is). I have never said anything about working lines having more 'substance', i was simply asking for some advice.

Having a Dane, I'm subject to the bigger is better rules. People with all types of dogs stop us and make some daft announcement about how their dog's parent's were wayyy bigger than my dog, so their dog is going to make her look like a puppy.

Yes, of course I'm going to believe that your obese Labradoodle is going to magically shoot up to tower over Moon's 35 inches. It's perfectly reasonable to believe that your waddling mutt's lumbering paws are a clear indication of it's adult size.

Maybe all it's fat will migrate to it's legs to make them longer, or you can try hypnosis to re-wire it's brain to believe it's a pure Dane, then it'll just shoot up.

:laugh:

They must be the same sort of people that we see at the off-lead park claiming that their hyperactive crossbreed is as fast as, or even faster than a greyhound.

Then they let their dog off lead and it madly races across the park as fast as its luxating little legs can carry it while Coconut runs rings around it at a very gentle gallop. :o

:o

My cattle x is fast, and loves to run with whippets and greys, but naturally they are a little faster and zoom far ahead! But it wears him out really well. :(