Troy Behave Paste

Hi Rat, have you just been getting the 30ml tube? They say dogs 1ml per kg. With a 45kg dog it will only last 6 days! I am assuming that you use it every day?
Not sure about Melb. Kirty, but I would be trying the smaller non branded stockfeed type places. Like WX said, they seem to be cheaper than the others!

Rat

NO 1 ml per 10kilos that all I use on my dogs! My dogs are 20kilos and I only use 1 ml three days before a show as I find thats all I need as they DO NOT lack anything in their diet this is just a calmative. This site ships it to you

Troy Behave Paste

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after having Zoe on the Good as gold supplement we initailly thought she had made some improvement but after a couple of weeks she was back to her old whiny self... she was getting the runs from the supplement and oats too...

Instead I have tried using the DAP diffuser, the pheremone thing that plugs into the wall for when she is inside and it has been fantastic! I have noticed a huge change in her behaviour when inside where it is the worst....

If this didnt work I was onto the behaviour paste also but glad I have found an non ingested approach!!

Edited by charli73

Does anyone know where to get the Troys Behave Paste in Perth?

I bought some from Better Pets & Gardens in Kelmscott, but I've seen it in the Canning Vale store too.

I get comments every time the dogs are at a show on how much they have improved, I am very lucky as neither is affected by it apart for their behaviour!!

J

In fact they even jump up at some people now which is great!

Oops, thanks for pointing that out :) I had worked it out at per 10kg - I have a 45kg dog so would need 4.5ml. Do you only give once, 3 days befre a show, or the 3 days leading up to a show? I got some from the shop at Canine.

Washa

NO 1 ml per 10kilos that all I use on my dogs! My dogs are 20kilos and I only use 1 ml three days before a show as I find thats all I need as they DO NOT lack anything in their diet this is just a calmative. This site ships it to you

Troy Behave Paste

I use the Tranquil Paste for my stud boy when he gets upset when the girls are on heat & its not a time to mate them.

Small dose for my toy poodle always works very well calming him but not doping him. No side effects.

Used it for years guess it works on some & not others.

Interesting re the Tryptophan. Suffering psoriasis for many years I read an article that a trytophan free diet stops it. Researched & consulted my doctor. Only found 6 foods with no tryptophan at all so only ate them for 10 days.

Doctor said its dangerous any longer as the body takes lacking trytophan out of the muscles.

As an experiment I can say my severe psoriasis cleared but at the end I coudn't stop crying for 3 days. Must affect the brain weirdly as I hardly ever cry.

As an experiment I can say my severe psoriasis cleared but at the end I coudn't stop crying for 3 days. Must affect the brain weirdly as I hardly ever cry.

Indeed it does, I was taking a branched-chain amino acid supplement while trying to preserve muscle and lose fat for a powerlifting competition (I compete in a weight class). It had the effect of lowering the effective % of tryptophan in my diet (amongst other important aminos) and had a rather devastating effect on me. That was actually the reason I did so much research and I'm glad I did, but it was a fairly awful way to find motivation!

We're really just a big bunch of neurons, working in much the same way as a computer. Not giving those neurons what they need affects our whole consciousness. It's a good reason to make sure we get mostly the natural foods which we have evolved to eat, IMHO, but that's a topic for a different conversation.

For those with dogs with sensitive tummies, the oats are probably at fault (unlikely the tryptophan has anything to do with it, although it is possible because most tryptophan supplements are derived from milk). I've briefly covered why they are in there, and also why they are not necessary. Don't be afraid to experiment with leaving them out. The reason they are in there is because some dogs may need their insulin raised a little, but not all.

Charli73, if the oats were causing a tummy upset then this could be the reason for whining. It could be that the tryptophan is still effective and I think it's worth trying on it's own.

Edited by Aidan

Aidan, do you think the tryptophan can have an effect when given once a week? I have just started giving my horse the Behave paste and at this stage given when i feel she needs it which is about once a week. I am pretty sure i have noticed an impact but then i don't know if i am imagining things?

Aidan, do you think the tryptophan can have an effect when given once a week? I have just started giving my horse the Behave paste and at this stage given when i feel she needs it which is about once a week. I am pretty sure i have noticed an impact but then i don't know if i am imagining things?

I haven't seen any data on this sort of dosing. It does seem to be a cumulative effect, or at least, deficiency certainly has a cumulative effect. Sabella gets noticeably worse after 2-3 days of not having her supplement, and improves in about the same time once supplementation resumes. But it does take 2-3 days to notice this, so presumably the first and maybe second day her serotonin levels are OK (but perhaps not optimal)?

If you can find some way of objectively measuring results over time you'll have a better idea. Obviously for you to notice that it's time for another dose she must be doing something observable, but whether or not you can get an objective, reliable measurement from that might be a different matter.

What I suspect you will find is that you get better results by supplementing for a few days when you notice that she needs it, but I can really only guess. Serotonin is made as part of a cycle involving daylight and sleep.

• 4 months later...
Bumping this thread in case someone is interested in getting some good as gold;

started off with the sachets and then onto a large tub but it didn't work for us :eek:

If any of you are regular users and interested in stocking up, I am selling my (open) 500g tub here:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=210350

Shame, did you try the Troy Behave Paste ?