Alice Springs Show Results

liamber

NT has a fairly substantial chance considering the nearly dozen show head start we'll have :)

True, but if for instance there is only 1 of your breed then your only going to get the minimum amount of points. Therefore it is going to take forever to be titled!!! It is a shame you don't get points for the others that you beat in Group or show.

No different to the one of breeds getting a title really - doesn't take long at all. 17 shows at 6 points each - like I said - potentially 12 down in 5 weeks = massive head start.

NT has a fairly substantial chance considering the nearly dozen show head start we'll have :D

True, but if for instance there is only 1 of your breed then your only going to get the minimum amount of points. Therefore it is going to take forever to be titled!!! It is a shame you don't get points for the others that you beat in Group or show.

No different to the one of breeds getting a title really - doesn't take long at all. 17 shows at 6 points each - like I said - potentially 12 down in 5 weeks = massive head start.

Well I reckon it would be firring that a NT dog got it seeing the Show Commitees have been so forward thinking. :rofl: ;) :eek:

We've had neuter classes as a regular fixture at our shows for quite some time :) We already have the support behind the award which gave the NT a boost for sure ;)

Having only been showing for a year or two (yeah, I'm brand new :laugh: ) and having only shown in the NT, I just assumed it was normal to have a neuter class :laugh:

Still learning..................... :thumbsup:

We've had neuter classes as a regular fixture at our shows for quite some time :thumbsup: We already have the support behind the award which gave the NT a boost for sure :)

Having only been showing for a year or two (yeah, I'm brand new :D ) and having only shown in the NT, I just assumed it was normal to have a neuter class :)

Still learning..................... :D

I am with you itsmeg, I thought the NT woluld have been way behind everybody else on this, but in fact we are way ahead :wave: When I showed briefly about 11 years ago (before kids :o) there was never such thing as a Neuter class back then, showing was for entire dogs only!! It just goes to show how times change, and for the better. It should be a sport we can all enjoy and not just for one purpose.

I think that every club should be made to offer at least 18 and 18A classes at every show now that a Neuter Title has been approved by the ANKC.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and from the NT as well.

I have entered for my 1st ever show on the 17th July with my neuter girl in group 7. It's really exciting that others can now show, and hopefully it will increase numbers and interest in the community.

I am so nervous, hence my forum obsession trying to pick up some knowledge!!!!

Maybe I will see some of you there??? Do you dolers have some secret signal, :laugh: just joking.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and from the NT as well.

I have entered for my 1st ever show on the 17th July with my neuter girl in group 7. It's really exciting that others can now show, and hopefully it will increase numbers and interest in the community.

I am so nervous, hence my forum obsession trying to pick up some knowledge!!!!

Maybe I will see some of you there??? Do you dolers have some secret signal, :( just joking.

:o Woo hoo, another one in group 7. I'll be there with a somewhat exciteable Dane, I tend to be hard to miss :o

Drop in and say hi. I'm pretty new too, but have found Darwin people very friendly and helpful. :laugh:

Ooooh, what breed?

Meg

Thanks everyone,

darwinroyal, will I be able to buy a catalogue for the dog showing on the Thursday at the Royal?? I have not entered my dog for showing as I do dressage scoring and horse Stewarding at the Royal, so thought I would be a little stretched to try and show the dog too. Particularly as it is all still so unfamiliar at this early stage.

But I would like to watch as much of the dog showing as I am able and horefully learn some more, and having the catalogue makes it so much easier.

No problems Dili. Catalogues will be available to those who have ordered them plus also on sale from 6pm on the Thursday :eek:

Some long days for you? You can spend all day on the Main Arena, and the evenings with us in the Dog Area :) Group 7 is Friday, starting at 4pm.

No problems Dili. Catalogues will be available to those who have ordered them plus also on sale from 6pm on the Thursday :love:

Some long days for you? You can spend all day on the Main Arena, and the evenings with us in the Dog Area :noidea: Group 7 is Friday, starting at 4pm.

Thanks for the info.

Yes it is a bit full on, we hire a caravan and stay down there for the 4 days.

I am really looking forward to watching the dog showing this year as I have a little more understanding of how it works now which always makes it more fun, and I will be watching intently for tips and tricks :rofl:.

Last year I got stuck in the main arena until 6pm and missed quite a bit of the Group 7's unfortunatly, better luck this time I hope!!!

Edited by Dili

Hi Dili and welcome to this wonderful world of dog showing. :) I am also fairly new and have 3 Cavaliers in gropu 1, 2 entire female and male and 1 neuter male. My tips to you would be listen to the Ring Steward before you enter as they will tell you what the judge wants from you and listen to the judge when you get in the ring. Try not to be nervous, although I know its hard not to be, I still get nervous everytime :) Oh and one other thing and the most important thing, just have alot of FUN :(:) Will see you there!!