Dogs With Allergies

I have a lab and they are not supposed to really feel the cold, my boy is really really restless on cold nights even though he is inside, we bought him a nice coat yesterday and he slept very well last night, is it possible that he feels the cold more because of his compromised skin barrier? Do other labs feel the cold at all?

I think it is more case of the days & night being extremely colder than normal.

I have hardy dogs but even they have found it a tad hard to cope with the last few days .

Even with the boarding dogs we normally leave them out all day till 4pm but even they have been asking to go inside for time out

I have a lab and they are not supposed to really feel the cold, my boy is really really restless on cold nights even though he is inside, we bought him a nice coat yesterday and he slept very well last night, is it possible that he feels the cold more because of his compromised skin barrier? Do other labs feel the cold at all?

I wonder if it has something to do with the cold, irritating them, maybe drying out and aggrevating their skin?????

My allergic dog has a thin coat as many allergic dogs do so they feel the cold.

My lab has quite a thick coat, I asked the vet if he thinks allergic dogs get colder and he says its just because its been unusually cold here in WA this last week or so.