Attacked By An Anatolian Shepherd

Cuchulain

I have just received an email from the owner of the dog. She says she was unaware that her dog had attacked or bitten anybody. She has offered to pay his vet bill for which I am grateful.

Right - unaware her dog attacked or bit anyone? Ummm, that suggests she had NO FREAKING CONTROL over the dog if she wasn't close enough to see what it did. Glad to see you have as many idiots in SA as we do over here! I would still question whether that dog & owner should be allowed to continue at the club.

Glad that Max is recovering well, and that you will at least have your vet bills paid.

She may be very well aware that the attack had taken place but may be too embarrased to admit it; the important thing here is that she has stepped forwards and offered to pay the necessary costs.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I am just grateful she has acknowledged liability for the expenses. As I am currently out of town attending my uncle's funeral I will sort out the details with her when I get back. Max is in kennels and I will phone this morning to check on him but I'm sure he's fine, it's me that's a wreck!

My intention is to sort out my expenses first and then tackle the club. I have agreed to wait until the head instructor returns from her show for the matter to be dealt with and I will honour that agreement. If I am unhappy with the resolution I will consider my options.

Thank you all for the support and advice.