Pedigree Adoption Drive Ads

k9angel

Everytime I see the Pedigree Adoption drive ads I get teary eyed. :happydance:

Am I the only one?

Especially the one with Gracie....

I think theyre a great idea and wish they would do more. It brings great coverage not only to that dog, but to them all.

Hopefully they make people think differently, esp those wanting to adopt a dog.

Its great also they are giving these dogs coverage on Aust. funniest home videos and in the newspaper. :thumbsup:

Good on them I say.

Oh but I havent noticed the teddy's this time??? do they have them???

I tear up too but I'm not sure about the "For every dog that gets adopted from the pound, one doesn't" line. Wouldn't it be a lot more than a ratio of 1:1? Maybe larger numbers would be too confronting for the public though.

My son got all choked up after he saw the ad featuring Gracie. He knows that dogs end up in the pound and some are PTS but he had never seen it before and it was very confronting for him to see her shivering behind the wire on the TV.

I tear up too but I'm not sure about the "For every dog that gets adopted from the pound, one doesn't" line. Wouldn't it be a lot more than a ratio of 1:1? Maybe larger numbers would be too confronting for the public though.

I too get all teary when I see the adds.

Peppertree - I would have thought the ratios would be higher too?? :rofl:

I too think the ratio would be much higher and would liked it if they used the correct numbers as I think that would make the public take much more notice..

Yes me too. having worked in these places as a vet nurse it really gets to me & I feel the emotional scars and memories everytime one of these ads come on, it really hits a raw nerve.

I agree that they should be more honest with the ratio. Just one of the welfare societies I worked at we took in 18000 cats a year, only 4000 out of that 18000 were rehomed.