Recommendations Wanted

Longclaw

I'm looking for recommendations for Sydney vets and vet surgeries that meet some specific (but one would hope not entirely unusual) criteria... preferably Western Sydney, but please let me know about other areas too :cool:

The kind of vet I'm looking for:

*is welcoming to owners with disabilities:

*has wheelchair access;

*allows clients to make extended appointments so that owners with communication difficulties have the time to ask questions and express any concerns without feeling rushed and flustered; and

*preferably accepts pet insurance.

I know DOL has many members in the vet, vet nurse and associated professions... I'm hoping someone can give a good recommendation. Or is there a vet peak body I can go to, to ask if any of their members fit the bill?

Many thanks :eek:

Does one smallish step count as wheelchair access? I know they have a ramp up from the path to the verandah, but I think there is a small step over the threshold....Hmm you have me thinking now.

Well the one I am thinking of is Vineyard Vet Hospital. I find them quite accommodating. There is definitely a ramp (I just checked their website, there is a photo at the bottom http://www.vineyardvet.com.au/home/index.cfm ). They let you take as long as you need in your consult. And I am pretty sure they take pet insurance, they have Pro Sure on their website.

Is that too far out? I forget when people say west it doesnt always extend this far out! LOL

Edited by Rysup

Its west-ish. Bass Hill vet clinic(hume highway,bass hill) near bankstown. Has ramp, large open reception and easily get a wheelchair etc in clinic rooms. You can make appointments if you really want but generally you just walk in. You are never rushed and can talk to the vet for a very long time about any concerns etc. Staff are very friendly and helpfull, excellent services.Even my dogs love going there, its asif they are greeting family when they arrive,get so excited to see the staff.Highly recommend them.

Bondi Vet Hospital (with the real Bondi Vet, not the TV Bondi JUNCTION vet)on Old South Head Road. It is flat with parking at the back and a good concrete path along the side to the front reception. I don't know about pet insurance but they are so accomodating and take time with each appointment, so feel anyone with disabilities would be well received and attended to .

I know one of our DOLers, who is a Vet (and a fabulous one) works at a hospital on the Gt Western Highway in Wentworthville. I have only been there a couple of times and I cant recall any steps. There is loads of parking right at the door (literally).

I am not sure about the appointments and insurance but maybe message Rappie for further info.

Edited by ~Anne~

Not really West, but Gladesville Vets have all the above and I think they're fantastic!!

+ 1

I wouldn't take my 2 anywhere else

I have been travelling from the eastern subs to Gladesville Vets for many years. IMO the best vet practice in Sydney. :cry:

Also wouldn't take my dogs anywhere else.

Animal Tracks at Homebush. I LOVE them. Very small practice and awesome with the doggies and their nuerotic owners. :happydance:

They are very good vets but I dont think?? they have wheelchair access. Someone would need to assist getting in the front door.

Gladesville are the most accommodating that I have ever been to. Thorough in tests, easy to talk to, great service. Really fantastic!.

My friend also uses Great Western Animal Hospital? She says they are absolutely wonderful, and she won't go anywhere else.

My friend also uses Great Western Animal Hospital? She says they are absolutely wonderful, and she won't go anywhere else.

:grouphug:

There is off street level parking level with the clinic and it is accessible for wheelchairs. Long appointments can be arranged easily, just need to let the reception staff know when the appointment is made. Insurance paperwork is not a problem either.