Beagles Shedding!

SeeGee

Hi team,

I have a tiled floor, with a matting of beagle hair carpet. OMG do these guys shed. Its unbelievable. My question is though, how do i get it off my clothes/towels that I wash? I cant get the hair off anything!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kind Regards,

Jacqui

Yup... They are real shedders! And that hair gets stuck in EVERYTHING! (My first dog was a beagle).

I know the dryer can get some hairs off the clothes... But you don't want to be drying everything in the dryer! $$$$!

Aside from that, a good sticky roller might help, but the hairs are so harsh that they do tend to stick into things like a pin so they're hard to pull off.

Maybe some current short-haired dog owners might have some better advice?

Clothes dryer :D

Another thing you can try is to buy a roll of cheap packing tape ($10 for 9 rolls at Australia Post). You wrap the tape around your hand with the sticky side outwards and then kind of blot the hair out. Works heaps better than a roller and cheaper too :mad

Pug hair is the same. I do chuck their bedding in the dryer, as there is no other fantastic way to get it off. On other things (like my clothes) I use the zoom groom or a rubber glove.

I don't own a beagle but do have a couple of carpet makers. I wash the washing machine out after I do the dog's bedding. That helps reduce the unwanted hair on the clothes being washed after that. Then once the clothes have been washed and are still damp, I take them outside and shake them a couple of times. It helps get rid of a lot of the loose hair that hasn't been washed out.

Hi team,

I have a tiled floor, with a matting of beagle hair carpet. OMG do these guys shed. Its unbelievable. My question is though, how do i get it off my clothes/towels that I wash? I cant get the hair off anything!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kind Regards,

Jacqui

You can get hair off clothes now???

Wow I gave up on that years ago :D

Seriously though, aside from doing a load of just water after washing doggie things and then putting your stuff in, your pretty much going to have to except your fate.

Try owning a Sibe :cry: omg there was hair everywhere and we had to vaccuum everyday and even now 3 weeks after she went to the rainbow bridge we are still picking up stray hairs :cry:

But we found the dryer the best way but we also used duct tape for last minute emergencies.