Altegra Gazebos

Bjelkier

I was just after some personal oppinions on the Altegra gazebos.

I have had the delux Oztrail for ages but I do have a few issues with it and the Altegra ones seem pretty tough.

Are the overly heavy? And what is the material like for the canopy, does it get really hot like the oztrail ones do (at least IMO)? Are they sturdy in bad weather?

Thanks

I find the Altegra hotter then the oztrail.

Altegra is heavy 35kg for the heavy duty one.

I have seen Altegra's flip over as well as Oztrails.

If not roped down properly they can both flip over.

Sorry to go OT here Wolfsong, but what size gazebo do most people have for shows?

I was just having a look at them on ebay and noticed there were different sizes.

We use an OzTrail compact (2.4 x 2.4) and it does us (usually have a trolley, 2 chairs, a 48 x 48 inch secura-pen plus all the other crap lol), though it's not the sturdiest but we've used it in some pretty bad weather and it's been okay :laugh: we got it because it fit in the car!! Howevr now we have the trailer, we can go for a bigger one- thinking about the OzTrail Deluxe but also considering just getting a 2nd Compact and joining them if we need too... they are so light & easy to use!

I have an Altegra and I think its great quality. But it is heavy, so I bought an oz trail compact as well for those days where the weather will be just nice or when Im on my own etc. If its going to be hot or cold/windy/rainy I'll take my altegra.

Sorry to go OT here Wolfsong, but what size gazebo do most people have for shows?

I was just having a look at them on ebay and noticed there were different sizes.

The most common size used is 3 x 3 mtr

Now there is more 2.4 x 2.4 oztrails being used.