Doberman Info

skunk

I can tell you SOME dobermann breeders are very easy to talk to if you are willing to pay their price O_o nuff said on that, be smart and dont just jump at a working line Dobie because the breeder may tell you its suitable. If the parents are not friendly, calm dogs then move on. Trust me. Or you will be ringing me by the dogs first birthday asking me to extract its teeth from your arm.

Mon stop posting Dobie photos I'll be forced to buy one .. well I will when their drive can rival that of my Malinois LOL

Edited by Nekhbet

I can't upload my pictures for some reason - but if you want to see a 'show' dobe go to the link below. He has great drives, learns extremely quickly (he knew drop and drop on the move actually I didn't have to teach him which is scarey - I think he learnt from watching my older dogs work), passed his temperament test on his first attempt with ease, he literally jumps through hoops to please you, blah blah blah - yes I did breed him and yes I am slightly biased :o but you don't have to have a full on no sense dog to have correct dobermann temperament. He is ready and willing to guard and protect but welcomes guests into the house once they are invited, he is great with children and puppies and wins over even the wariest person with his charm.

And as for show line dobes being too small and fine :) - he sits on 28 inches and btwn 40 & 42 kgs comfortably and he is 2 1/2 years old - he still has at least 1 1/2 years before he hits his prime.

http://bisartdobermanns.homestead.com/ryder.html

I just think that the working / showline divide is a waste of time - Brian McLaren loved our dogs, in type, trainability and drive - that was a great honour for me and showed me I am on the right track to developing a well conformed balanced dobermann - something we should all be striving toward regardless of original pedigree.