The Big Calcium Debate ?

rajacadoo

I was giving my bitch a teaspoon of it.. she loved it she licked it off the spoon :laugh:

:laugh: yep, Ziva was the same with the syringe!!! She wouldn't drink for a few hours after birth and I was getting worried (It was very hot!), so I syringed a little into her mouth... she got all excited when she saw the syringe but gave me THE most disgusted look when she found out it was just WATER :D

Thank you to everyone for the info, I do really appreciate it, (still hoping peeps will still reply in this thread, though !!!)...

It seems that having my last litter about 6-7 years ago, has stopped my repro knowledge at that level :thumbsup::whee: ... I thought I was pretty up on things, clearly I wasnt :laugh::thumbsup: ....

It appears that I am pretty much very behind in my info re this. Everything about this pregnancy has been soooooooooo different to my last few litters, its been an incredible learning curve :rock:.

TeamSnag, you gave a teaspoon to your bitch, roughly what weight would she be, so I can work out what I would give my girl ???

Peaceful, your info makes perfect sense... I know that there is no Oxytocin till after the first baby, is it the same with the calcium, none till first pup is born ???

Ellz, all I can say is "THANK DOG" you will be on hand for me, in the middle of the night while this is all going on... My voice of reason, Mr R, is working nights, he has another 2, so expecting her to get going either tonight or tomorrow night :laugh: :D :( Thinking the EEK emoticon will be used a lot when things start :):thumbsup::thumbsup: ...

ETA... I do have 2 doses of Oxytocin on hand, I really hope I wont need it :clap:

Teaspoon is about 5mls.. Shes about 5kgs