American Staffy Breeders

skunk

:laugh:

fat ugly dogs, doing the breed no favours :laugh:

no wonder in most pics they are sitting and panting :)

That's what I thought at first, some are fat. But man, others are built like a brick shithouse. Lean and huge.

Reminds me of some of the AmStaffs you only see in the States.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine got a male pup from here, he is excellent in every regard:

http://mischiefmakakennels.webs.com/

Absolutely in terms of type and temperament.

The Amstaff shouldn't be fat or built like a tank nor should it be huge.

17-19 inches is what the standard calls for and yes, they are musular but they should also be agile and graceful.

I hope this link works, it's for the breed standard extension and helps to explain a lot about the breed and what it should be

http://www.ankc.org.au/_uploads/docs/23455...Terrier_BSE.pdf

Flicking through more pics, some dogs seem to conform really well (I'm comparing to Mischiefmaka to get an idea of what is the ideal standard).

Most of them seem too big however......

Some awards they've got listed, so I don't think we can label them all as being poor examples of the breed:

Puppy Dog

Intermediate Dog

Puppy Bitch

Intermediate Bitch

Open Bitch

Best of Breed

I recommend this breeder.

I've met the dogs, seen them being shown, they're looked after and cared from amazingly!!

anyway, located in SA.

This is off the site about the new upcoming litter.

EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ARE NOW BEING INVITED FOR THE UP COMING MATING OF

MULTI CH PLAYMAKERS COTTON DRAGON X AUST CH NGANJALU BREATHLESS

PEDIGREE

Grandsire: U.S CH R-U Popeye

Sire: RU, YU CH Old Mountains Shoshoni

Grand dam: U.S CH Scarlet Cheyenne

MULTI CH PLAYMAKERS COTTON DRAGON

Grandsire: Copyright Tipit Z Hanky

Dam: Alfa Diva Sting

Grand dam: Parastones Hot and Spicy

Grandsire: U.S. CH Amtex Pacifics Pioneer

Sire: AU Grand Ch Stafface Dragon Lord

Grand dam: AU Ch Tsamstafs Denver Dawn

AU CH NGANJALU BREATHLESS

Grandsire: AU Ch Lyntiki Tribal Warrior (IID)

Dam: (W.W.P.D) Kankakee Tiara Moon

Grand dam: Nganjalu Peaches N Cream

Definitions

AU Ch - Australian Champion

U.S Ch - United States Of America Champion

R.U Ch - Russian Champion

Y.U Ch -Yugaslavian Champion

IID - Imported In Dam

WWPD - Working Weight Pull Dog

The mating should take place approximately July 2010.

Site - http://www.amstafomine.com/

Some other things to check out when buying an Amstaff ( or any breed, but Bull Breeds more so because of BSL ) is that they come with limit registration papers for a pet and if you wish to show and potentially breed, that they have main registration papers.

Run a mile and run as fast as you can from anyone who states " with or without papers " and gives you the option of buying a puppy without them, or charges you more to have papers for your pupppy.

Your new puppy should also be microchipped and that chip must correspond with the number on your ANKC pedigree papers.

Take a good look at any show wins or claims to champions in the lines. You'll find many are still riding on a win or two they had ten years ago or a champion in the lines, that is so far back, it's off the first page of the pedigree. Not every dog or bitch is a champion and not every champion is worthy of being bred from but your breeder should be actively participating in conformation , obedience, agility or have produced puppies that have excelled.

Don't buy into the " big is best " , it's not and breeders that talk about their "huge dogs" " massive bitches" " massive heads" " big chunky heads" etc, have no idea about the breed or the breed standard.

The best breeders are the one's who care about the breed type, the temperament, how sound the pups are , they health test the parents and their dogs and bitches are more than a status symbol on the end of a lead. Do some research and the idiots will stanbd out like the proverbial dogs balls.

I just had a look at the Andonas Kennels website.

Everyone should have a listen to the Andonas Kennels Rap.

Andonas Kennels

Click on the link and scroll to the right and play the track. Classic!

That link should come with a warning. Not safe for sane minds. I couldn't even get to the end.

Now, now. Obviously somebody has put a lot of work into that website. Visiting it was an experience I am glad I didn't miss. Have a look at the photos of new owners. The expressions on their faces say it all.

*Warning to those offended by photos of rooms decorated in pine panelling.*

The best breeders are the one's who care about the breed type, the temperament, how sound the pups are , they health test the parents and their dogs and bitches are more than a status symbol on the end of a lead.

This sounds exactly how my friend is with her Am staffs (same person in the above post).

omfg re the track..

ETA: No pedigree names, no titles, no canine control information or health testing details..

11 male dogs, 26 females. All collared in leather and studs..

:champagne::mad:worship:

Have u read some of the comments thats with the dogs?

and why so many have croped ears?

Edited by TeamSnag

Some other things to check out when buying an Amstaff ( or any breed, but Bull Breeds more so because of BSL ) is that they come with limit registration papers for a pet and if you wish to show and potentially breed, that they have main registration papers.

Run a mile and run as fast as you can from anyone who states " with or without papers " and gives you the option of buying a puppy without them, or charges you more to have papers for your pupppy.

Your new puppy should also be microchipped and that chip must correspond with the number on your ANKC pedigree papers.

Take a good look at any show wins or claims to champions in the lines. You'll find many are still riding on a win or two they had ten years ago or a champion in the lines, that is so far back, it's off the first page of the pedigree. Not every dog or bitch is a champion and not every champion is worthy of being bred from but your breeder should be actively participating in conformation , obedience, agility or have produced puppies that have excelled.

Don't buy into the " big is best " , it's not and breeders that talk about their "huge dogs" " massive bitches" " massive heads" " big chunky heads" etc, have no idea about the breed or the breed standard.

The best breeders are the one's who care about the breed type, the temperament, how sound the pups are , they health test the parents and their dogs and bitches are more than a status symbol on the end of a lead. Do some research and the idiots will stanbd out like the proverbial dogs balls.

Top post.

Make sure health certificates of the parents are viewed and don't just take the word of the breeder.

Also, health tests aren't just a certificate from the vet saying they are healthy, they are DNA/xray tests.

If the breeder says they don't need to Ataxia test because their dogs are healthy, run a mile..... there is no reason not to test for Ataxia and ethical breeders test their dogs.

:mad:worship: That website is a crack up thanks greymate you have made my day, looks like they do love their doggies though just a very cheesy website, love the guy in the singlet showing off how beefcake he is (all I could think about was cartman in that weightgain 4000 ep on southpark) :champagne: . Think I am going to have to steal their bathtub idea though that was pretty cool Edited by JRM75

SBT123 post was spot on, find yourself a reputeable breeder, and wait if you have to, to find the right one.

Andonas kennels aren't really breeding to type and they're doing an injustice to the breed.

It's people like him that add fuel to the BSL fire, i mean look at all the dogs names FFS! it may all be for show, but there is no denying he wants dogs that look tough. I remeber seeing his website years ago, sat on a Harley, gym in the back ground etc... his dogs may be fantastic natured and great pets etc.. but they're not true to amstaff type.

I think how he portrays the image of his dogs are really his own choice to make.....might not be the best choice, but his choice either way.

Horses for courses.

Too true, i didn't mean to slate his dogs ( i like the look of some of them, but i guess they're not my idea of amstaffs, maybe he's after the american bully look..?) i've heard of a few people loving the dogs they've had off him, and they all seem family friendly etc..

More and more I'm seeing amstaff kennels that are breeding massive dogs, nothing against them if thats what you're looking for, these are AKNC registered kennels yet i don't see how they're all gaining show points when they're going away from the standard.... I mean they talk about size, bone structure, but don't mention gait or agility, and looking at some, athleticism isn't something that comes to mind.

We're talking 40kg+ dogs with big jowly heads, where in the standard is that? Would the AKNC remove registration if breeders are moving away from the standard?

Edited by geo