House Sitting Advice

GSD FAN

I've seen a few properties at happyhousesitters.com.au that will allow a house-sitter to stay with their own pet while looking after the owners' pets, but only after the owner of the house is thoroughly satisfied that all animals get along etc.

Personally, I doubt I'd allow it. Too many variables.

I've seen a few properties at happyhousesitters.com.au that will allow a house-sitter to stay with their own pet while looking after the owners' pets, but only after the owner of the house is thoroughly satisfied that all animals get along etc.

Personally, I doubt I'd allow it. Too many variables.

I have a housesitter coming in when I go away later this year, but she is a vet nurse at the vets I go to and she has met all my dogs. However, as she is getting a new puppy, I've said she can have her puppy here because he will have only been with her a couple of weeks when she comes here. She thinks she will be taking him to work with her in any case. As he is a very small breed, I will be asking her to crate him/her if she goes out without taking him, simply because I'd hate the pup to hurt himself, falling downstairs or something like that. I am sure my dogs will totally ignore him - LOL.

Apart from that, I think I go along with the majority. As Mooper says: too many variables.

Edited by Mother Moocher

I would say no as well. What if problems developed in the relationships within the house between the dogs/cats.What would happen?

It is hard enough to find a sitter as it is [even though I am happy to pay a reasonable amount] and to have the added risk of issues possibly developing would make it more of a worry for me that problems may occur and I am not there to resolve them.I like to go on holidays and be able to think that at least the pets are being well cared for in my absence.

I would be paying a house sitter to give attention to my pets, and for her to add her own dog into the equation would mean that the sitters first priority would be most likely be to her own dog, and I would want it to be to my pets.