Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

I took my Tilly for her first show class tonight. The instructor who is a golden retreiver expert said she moved beautifully, I just have to remember it's not heel right at the left hand side like in obedience, once that clicked in we did well. Also have to teach her stand :shhh:

My aim is December at Walcha Show. Have to transfer her across from limited to main register as well.

Yay, well done..... I had the exact same problem with Phoenix, got in trouble for having the lead in the wrong hand! Phoenix stands (as in obedience) by himself well, BUT he doesn't stack himself, I have to move him into position, and once I start doing that he starts moving his feet! Food is definately my friend in his case.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A Neuter thread YAY :confused:

I entered for the first time and showed my recently neutered Amstaff boy on Saturday at the Rylstone Kandos Show Society in NSW and was stoked with our results but most of all by the people getting behind the neuter class, the show sec tells me 21 were entered in this smaller country show, so a nice turnout with people entering just for the neuter class and also entering their other entire dogs because the neuter class was offered, made it more worth while i guess.

Here is Sproket aka Ironklad Upping The Ante whom hasn't been shown since he was a baby and fresh into the neuter class taking out Neuter In Show :laugh: i was so pleased and even more so for all the kind words and congrats by the other exhibitors, i had never had so many congrats for a class in show with an entire dog lol

post-5707-1298795099_thumb.jpg

Our 'old girl' - Rhemy was entered for her first Neutered Show this weekend to give her something to do and keep her out of trouble. She was the only one in our breed but got Neuter In Group both shows on Sat and Neuter in Show at the PM one :cry:. She had a ball showing off and none of the judges could quite believe that she is 8 yrs old :love: . She enjoyed her weekend away with her kids and grandkids and showed them all up in the ring seeing as she hasn't been shown for probably close to 5 years.

There does seem to be some of the 'old style' good sportsmanship in the ring with the neuters - maybe that is because its just for fun. She got a cheer when she got Neuter In Show from around the rings :o - nice to hear. She enjoyed it and so did I - will enter her again when they come up.

For those in NSW that are wanting to show their neuter, this was posted on OzShow:

Hawkesbury District Agricultural Assn WILL be holding Class 18 Dogs and Bitches (Neuter) at their show on Friday 13 May 2011.

Dogs NSW omitted this from the Schedule in the March Journal

Please pass this on to other lists and to anyone you know who has a Neuter they are showing

I'm sure I should be able to find the answer to this question myself fairly easily - but being lazy :) so I thought I would ask here.

Judging the neuter class (18 and 18a) for each breed...... Is it 18 after DCC and RDCC has been awarded and 18a after BCC and RBCC, with run-off at the end of class run-offs? OR is both 18 and 18a judged at the conclusion of BOB and other class run-offs?

Mmmm, not sure if I'm making sense. Just trying to check which is the order of judging:

Option 1:

Baby Puppy Dog through to Open Dog

DCC and RDCC

Neuter Dog

Baby Puppy Bitch through to Open Bitch

BCC and RBCC

Neuter Bitch

BOB and RUBOB

Class Run offs

Neuter Run off

OR

Option 2:

DCC and RDCC

BCC and RBCC

BOB and RUBOB

Class Run offs

Neuter Dog

Neuter Bitch

Neuter Run off

Option 2:

DCC and RDCC

BCC and RBCC

BOB and RUBOB

Class Run offs

Neuter Dog

Neuter Bitch

Neuter Run off

Thanks!!

I am glad this was brought up, as I was wondering the same thing, but just figured i would work it out on the day. :cry: Thanks guys :laugh:

Option 2:

DCC and RDCC

BCC and RBCC

BOB and RUBOB

Class Run offs

Neuter Dog

Neuter Bitch

Neuter Run off

Thanks!!

I am glad this was brought up, as I was wondering the same thing, but just figured i would work it out on the day. :cry: Thanks guys :laugh:

Yeah, just remember you're always last and you'll be right!

190073_10150132151434921_514534920_6355105_4579879_n.jpg

Just cos I had to share.. Here is my Flab Lol.. after many months of hard work he is finally looking good.. For those who havent heard this is my rent a dog lol.. until his owners come back from the USA some time in 2012..

Option 2:

DCC and RDCC

BCC and RBCC

BOB and RUBOB

Class Run offs

Neuter Dog

Neuter Bitch

Neuter Run off

Thanks!!

Yeah, just remember you're always last and you'll be right!

Thanks TNik. I will remember that now :D

I am so looking forward to my first neuter class.

It will be a very emotional time for me.

I had to desex my beloved Dyz when she got IMT 3 years ago, in case the hormone surge brought it back on again. And even though it was not even anything that I remotely considered a big deal at the time, as we were just so lucky to have her pull through her illness, now that she is fit and well again and really enjoying getting back into competing, I know how much she will enjoy getting back into the ring. My Dyz is but a shadow of her former self with age against her now and such an horrific past illness, but we don't care about that. She is our special girl and allowing her the opportunity to strut her stuff again in the all breeds ring will put a smile on her face. That is what matters to me :p

Option 2:

DCC and RDCC

BCC and RBCC

BOB and RUBOB

Class Run offs

Neuter Dog

Neuter Bitch

Neuter Run off

Thanks!!

Ah, when you have multiple dogs, and you expect to be the only one there, it's always nice to know before hand which order they'll need to be in the ring :D

The Hound Club of the ACT is running neuter classes on the October Long Weekend (1 & 2 October) and at our Twilight Championship Show on 3 December.

Schedules up on the DogsACT website.

Edit: Thank you to DOLer Diva for offering to sponsor the classes.

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie