What's A Super Palatable Kibble?

My Manners Minder ran out of little bits of puppy Science Diet kibbley treats that I got as a sample somewhere. It was the only thing remotely like kibble I had in the house. :shrug: The MM works best with kibble, so what kind of highly tasty kibble should I get for it? Because they are just training treats it doesn't really matter what they have in them as long as they are tasty and solid, but I usually try to stick to natural ingredients as much as possible. Recommendations?

I use 4Legs ... they are not a kibble but they are not particularly messy. I buy a packet and then spead them on a tray and freeze them. They then go into a sealed container in the freezer until I need them.

I use 4Legs ... they are not a kibble but they are not particularly messy. I buy a packet and then spead them on a tray and freeze them. They then go into a sealed container in the freezer until I need them.

If it was semi moist you'd probably clog up the manners minder, definitely needs to be dry. :laugh:

EP Holistaic Salmon - it has a strong smell and mine love it.

Yup, EP holistic salmon & anchovy, or Organix Castor&Pollux (both available from Naturalpetstore.com)... very palatable and so nice smelling that they do the trick as training treats for mine (who is otherwise fed raw!)

Always wanted to ask: where did you buy your MM from Corvus? Would be interested in getting one to teach someone to settle down....

Edited by fbaudry

I don't generally feed kibble but I've won a bit so they get it for brekky...they love Advance or ProPlan. It has a strong smell and the one they especially like is the salmon and rice ProPlan.

My Manners Minder ran out of little bits of puppy Science Diet kibbley treats that I got as a sample somewhere. It was the only thing remotely like kibble I had in the house. :laugh: The MM works best with kibble, so what kind of highly tasty kibble should I get for it? Because they are just training treats it doesn't really matter what they have in them as long as they are tasty and solid, but I usually try to stick to natural ingredients as much as possible. Recommendations?

It's so interesting that this topic has come up lol. I was going to post something similar :laugh: I'm a raw feeder but I too wanted a training 'biccie' that I could use. I got a holistic large dogs sample bag and my pup went nuts for it. Gonna get a bag for treats I think :laugh:

Okay, I went to the pet store, got completely overwhelmed by all the kibble options (there's a kibble specifically for Shih Tzus??) and ended up opting for Nutro lamb and rice because it came in the smallest bag I could get. And there was a Nutro lady there who was all like "If they don't like it you can bring it back and get your money back." Although I asked her what percentage of it was actually dried meat and she could only tell me "Probably most seeing as it's the first ingredient." And then I made her open a sample packet so I could smell it and I always hated it when I worked in retail and customers made me do things like unroll a swag and then say "thanks" and walk off without buying anything. I couldn't find anything that was recommended on here in a small packet and I kinda needed it urgently. I'm definitely going to try them all eventually, though. :shhh:

Erik approves of the Nutro, but then, he was in the kind of mood that will see him jump up and down for a kind word, so I guess we'll see when we start using it in more trying situations.

Thanks again everyone.