What To Feed An Overweight Dog?

My vet told me less dry food so im looking for things that will make him feel fuller.

What exactly do you feed now,what portion size,how much in the treat area (pig ears,left over toast etc etc) how much exercise & how old a dog

My vet told me less dry food so im looking for things that will make him feel fuller.

What exactly do you feed now,what portion size,how much in the treat area (pig ears,left over toast etc etc) how much exercise & how old a dog

At the moment he's a cup of dry food plus vegies, no treats and he's getting eaither half an hour of on lead walking or free running. He's 6 years old and has arthrits.

I must be doing something right as he's lost half a kilo in a month.

I had little two kegs on legs stay with me awhile back. They were a good couple of kilos overweight. I fed them lean roo meat and mashed pumpkin at the ratio of 2% of their ideal body weight. Their ideal weight was around 7kgs, so they got approx 100-120g of roo/pumpkin and a chicken neck a day. Within three weeks, without too much exercise as I was sick and couldn't walk 4 dogs, they'd lost probably 2kgs each.

Yep same here Ravyk - similar routine here for a porky westie - low cal dry food didn;t work so half a barf pattie and veggies did the trick with a chicken neck (yes one!) in the morning. Worked a treat.

I had little two kegs on legs stay with me awhile back. They were a good couple of kilos overweight. I fed them lean roo meat and mashed pumpkin at the ratio of 2% of their ideal body weight. Their ideal weight was around 7kgs, so they got approx 100-120g of roo/pumpkin and a chicken neck a day. Within three weeks, without too much exercise as I was sick and couldn't walk 4 dogs, they'd lost probably 2kgs each.