Grr Off Leash Dogs!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How distressing for both you and Morrison, I hope he is feeling better.

I used to carry a stout walking stick when walking Marlin as it was quite common for all sorts of dogs to dash out unexpectedly from unsecured yards, I also would pick her up if it looked like a dog was getting agressive. Wouldnt be able to pick her up in a hurry now though :thanks:

Hey everyone.

I just got back from the vet, he's doing a lot better, a little out of it but more alert than yesterday. They said that his injuries seem to be external; some puncture wounds, swolen hind leg (right side). They are going to sedate him and do some x-rays to see if that leg is broken & we'll go from there.

They opened his cage, so we could see the injuires/take photos - I didn't want to move him.

I gave him a pat, and told him to hang in there. Little bugger wanted to get closer to me, he managed to hop out. I was like get back in there, but at the same time I was like "Theres my little daredevil."

Morrison is a crazy little thing, running around at full speed, jumped off the back of the couch once.

So yeah, we'll know more when they have done x-rays.

Edited by iheartmorrison

Hey everyone.

I just got back from the vet, he's doing a lot better, a little out of it but more alert than yesterday. They said that his injuries seem to be external;

Good news in that Morrison hasn't sustained any internal injuries, poor boy. Hope he doesnt have any broken bones either.

Oh no sooner had I posted that I read your post, doubly glad that Morrison does not have any broken bones, good news. I can just feel your sense of relief when Morrison showed his typical self when trying to make a run for it, good for you Morrison.

Edited by Moselle

I am sorry to hear what happened to Morrison. I think I would also freeze in that type of situation.

I have a maltese cross who is good with puppies if you need a dog to introduce him to later on when he is better.

Hey, just wanted to say that he's home now.

Still very sore, but alert - licked the hell out if my sister's hand.

We were originaly going to have him in his crate, but it would be too much of a hassle (the cone around his neck), so we found a box, which he is lying in right now.

I'm just wondering what to do when he needs to go toilet.

Edit:

I think the anesthesia has worn off because he was walking around downstairs, think he wanted to go toilet. He's slowly getting back to his old self.

He has been moved to the laundry, so at least he's in one spot. Should I be worried about the whining?

Edited by iheartmorrison