Does Anyone Live In Mittagong/berrima Area

I am meeting Kisho's prospective new mum on Wednesday. She lives in Canberra and I live near Hornsby so we are going to meet halfway.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=198022

Because neither of us knows the area at all, I though I'd ask here. I know there are lots of parks and open spaces, but thought it would be good to be able to let the dogs off their leads.

It isn't absolutely necessary, but just makes their interaction a bit more natural and relaxed.

Grateful any ideas - even fenced parks if such a thing exists. :rofl:

Edited by Mother Moocher

If you look up Wingecarribee Council off leash parks you should find some. Although from memory (I looked the other week on the web when I was down there) there aren't many off leash parks. There may be a local who may be ae to give you more info though.

Edited by Jigsaw

there is an open space at bundanoon. is open one end and fenced yards around it. over the rail track and near the health retreat. very quiet street too.

very flat anf grassy we work horses there when at sil.

or if you try shibumi equestrain and carriage driving... cheryl boards dogs and might be open to your cause a very nice lady. she has fenced paddocks and an indoor arena if wet! always nice not to get wet.

I'll put a link to this in rescue.

I have just come back from Bowral where I met with Kisho's new mum and "sister" at Centennial Park.

Gosh, Clyde - what a great fenced park you found for us :D thank you so much. It is fully fenced, double gated, bin, pooh bags, tap and big bucket.

I arrived first so I walked all around the perimeter and the fencing (which is not very high, about up to my shoulder and I am short, so probably 4ft) is right to the ground with no gaps.

And it is really big with a couple of copses of trees.

Only one thing wrong and there aren't any picnic tables or bench seats, but that is neither here nor there.

If anyone wants to arrange a meet and greet, I couldn't think of a better place.

A few people came and went while we were there, but all the dogs were friendly and well behaved ..... as were the people - LOL.

Is this the one near the golf course? My dogs love this park - they love running in and out of the trees and picking up sticks LOL. I've been here quite a few times, and never come across anyone else using the park before.