German Shepard

Anyone seen the advert in the Sun newspaper yesterday and today for 6 week old German Shepard puppies? Both parents can be viewed. You'd think that since they seem to own and breed them, they'd know how to spell them. It doesn't seem to be a typo because it's mentioned twice the same way.

Guest Clover

You just reminded me about the spelling on a menu last week that i saw, Sheppards Pie :eek:. Not only was it written on multiple black boards but printed on the menu that way.

I have a bad time with people who cannot spell!

I have to correct menu's in cafe's and resturants, always carry a pen for this purpose. Also have to complain about bad spelling in shops etc, I have this stupid idea that children learn a lot of their spelling by what words they see, and that bad spelling doesn't help them to learn.

But when a word is spelt phonetically for advertising purposes, I can deal with that.

The ones I hate are in greengrocers when they spell Beans -Beens.

Actually this thread is a worry, I really need to get a life beyond looking at bad spelling!!! :rolleyes: :love::eek:

Going off to get a life ;)

having placed ads in the paper i can safely say the people at the other end make major spelling issues despite it being spelt out.

The ad is wrong but the spelling mistakes are more the papers fault

The ad is wrong but the spelling mistakes are more the papers fault

Yep.

I can't help but laugh when i have a browse through gumtree though and people can't for the life of them spell the breed they've just BYB.

The main one is shitzu and cavalere :rolleyes: