Today Show

There was a story about an Autism Assistance Dog on the Today show this morning.

I'm not sure how to link directly to it, but if you go to this link http://today.ninemsn.com.au/ you can see the link and click on it.

They did get one thing wrong, they said it was one of only two dogs with the same rights as Guide Dogs. What they probably should have said is that it's one of only two Assistance Dogs accredited under the new Queensland laws (and that other Assistance Dogs are covered under other laws and already have the same rights as Guide Dogs.)

It's a sweet story though, I love that training and communicating with his Assistance Dog is helping the little boy to develop his communication skills as a bonus :)

Edited by Baby Dragon

There was a story about an Autism Assistance Dog on the Today show this morning.

I'm not sure how to link directly to it, but if you go to this link http://today.ninemsn.com.au/ you can see the link and click on it.

They did get one thing wrong, they said it was one of only two dogs with the same rights as Guide Dogs. What they probably should have said is that it's one of only two Assistance Dogs accredited under the new Queensland laws (and that other Assistance Dogs are covered under other laws and already have the same rights as Guide Dogs.)

It's a sweet story though, I love that training and communicating with his Assistance Dog is helping the little boy to develop his communication skills as a bonus :)

What a beautiful link. Thanks for sharing.

Seems like this dog was also a poster boy for rescue dogs. Harry was a Past Guest of the AWL Qld Shelter. From their website:

AWL past guest stars on channel 9 Today show

Past guest of the AWL Qld, Harry has made headlines in becoming one of the first autism awareness dogs in Australia - and was featured on Channel 9's Today show this morning.