Back End Awareness

Cute, it shouldn't take her long :thumbsup:

We're showing at a breed show, she's only 7 months and I haven't done that much actual obedience with her. Most of what we've done has just been in the lounge room, I've only done obedience with her twice outside of the home but she seems good so far and I may trial her some day.

I don't know much about breed showing, not really my area of interest, but good luck for it!

I'm not sure if I'll ever obedience trial my girl either - probably not, since I don't plan to focus on it, and there's almost no point doing competitive obedience over here unless you're really into it, since you don't get titles until you win into the very top class. But we still do tricks for fun, I think it's good for her to learn body awareness, and it's fun for both of us. :thumbsup:

And good mental exercise for dogs that don't know how to switch off! :(

I do a little bit of obedience, fly ball, and agility with Berri, and a bit of obedience with Mango (I'll show her once or twice a month though). Training tricks is great to understand how dogs work etc, especially having to work out the steps you need to take etc to accomplish it and watching the dog nut it out is great. Berri's latest trick that I taught him yesterday is to push a toy trolley, next step is going to be to pack his toys into the trolley and push it around the house. Did I say I get bored sometimes? :o

No we only did the one trial so far, I try to limit my weekends away and find I fill them up with conformation showing. If I get further into obedience with Mango and I'm trailing both of them it would make travel more worthwhile.

We do have 2 trials a year here so it's not too bad :o