How Much Do You Know

Thanks Baby dragon, I got 1 wrong, but I learnt from it!

Heres one day hoping I can have one of my dogs trained as an Assistance Dog and be as helpful as they are in the USA.

Thanks for the link

J

I'm glad you found it interesting :D I think it would be awesome to have one of your dogs trained as an Assistance Dog one day! :)

I got 100% :D

Wazzat Xolo you can see the trainee WA Assistance Dogs in Perth City every 3rd Thursday as part of their training, they are wonderful to see :)

Thanks Ravenau1 I have contacted Assisitance Dog people around Australia to see if they would be interested in a Coated Xolo when I have one available, I will keep you guys posted. It was Baby Dragon that got me thinking a while ago actually.

J

Got one wrong :D

Assistance dogs are awesome though, what they can do is very impressive!

When i went to pick up my guide dog puppy, there was a sign with etiquette guidelines- one was "speak to the person and not to the dog"- who would speak to the dog, if the person was right there??? The way it was worded was pretty funny, it made it sound like there were people who actually had a converstaion with the dog, not the person!

Got one wrong :)

When i went to pick up my guide dog puppy, there was a sign with etiquette guidelines- one was "speak to the person and not to the dog"- who would speak to the dog, if the person was right there??? The way it was worded was pretty funny, it made it sound like there were people who actually had a converstaion with the dog, not the person!

You'd be very surprised!! This is not an uncommon scenario - I walk into a shop and the shopkeeper doesn't make eye contact with me and just looks and smiles at my dog... "Hello little puppy wuppy wuppy. Oh yes you're a good girl aren't you.. Oh yes you are!!" I have to wait for the conversation to end before I can get a word in :D

Are you a Guide Dog puppy walker? ;)

Edited by Baby Dragon

Got one wrong :rofl:

You'd be very surprised!! This is not an uncommon scenario - I walk into a shop and the shopkeeper doesn't make eye contact with me and just looks and smiles at my dog... "Hello little puppy wuppy wuppy. Oh yes you're a good girl aren't you.. Oh yes you are!!" I have to wait for the conversation to end before I can get a word in :rolleyes:

Are you a Guide Dog puppy walker? :D

Yes, I am a guide dog puppy walker. Mindy is my first guide dog puppy, I've only had her for 5 days.

It is quite annoying though that when people find out she is a guide dog puppy they go on forever about how hard it would be to give the puppy back and how they couldn't do it etc. It makes me feel like they think that I must have a cold heart or something for being able to give the puppy back :) I know how hard it will be to give her back, but in the end she will hopefully be able to make someones life so much easier and enjoyable, so it will be worth the pain.

One lady said to me she would purposely train the dog to be naughty so it failed everything- how selfish! :rofl:

Yes, I am a guide dog puppy walker. Mindy is my first guide dog puppy, I've only had her for 5 days.

It is quite annoying though that when people find out she is a guide dog puppy they go on forever about how hard it would be to give the puppy back and how they couldn't do it etc. It makes me feel like they think that I must have a cold heart or something for being able to give the puppy back :rofl: I know how hard it will be to give her back, but in the end she will hopefully be able to make someones life so much easier and enjoyable, so it will be worth the pain.

One lady said to me she would purposely train the dog to be naughty so it failed everything- how selfish! :rolleyes:

Mindy's a cute name :rofl: Are there any photos of her? I'd love to see!

When I was in high school our family puppy walked two Guide Dog puppies too. It *is* very hard giving them back, I cried both times, but at the same time it was really nice to know they were going to help somebody who really needed them. I don't think the people are trying to say you have a cold heart or anything (though I understand how you might take it that way.) We used to get the same sorts of comments too. I think it's more that they're admiring what you're doing and that you'll willingly go through training her and giving her back just to be able to help somebody who needs her. :) I found it helped me to keep reminding myself that they weren't mine, but to be honest I don't think it's really possible to do the job of a puppy walker properly without getting at least a little bit attached!

When I went to do team training with my own Assistance Dog and take her home with me for the first time, it was such a happy time for me, but at the same time I felt sad for the puppy walker because I know how hard it can be. Seeing it from both sides has been interesting.

Anyway.. puppy pictures.. please!!! :D

I got one wrong, but i read the question wrong

: Only guide dogs can go around food (or something like that) I didnt see the ONLY bit, and clicked yes, when no, it isnt ONLY guide dogs!

There are some photos in the lab thread and also waiting for a puppy thread but I'll post some here anyway!

I know I will be dreadful when the time comes for her to go back! I have fostered kittens and I cry when they leave- even if its only been a few days!

post-31284-1275805453_thumb.jpgpost-31284-1275805433_thumb.jpg

post-31284-1275805483_thumb.jpgpost-31284-1275805563_thumb.jpg

Teebs if that's the only one you got wrong (and only because you missed a word in the question!) then you're doing really well!!! :rolleyes:

Actually, most people have done very well - the average score is about 9/11 :rofl:

Edited by Baby Dragon