Urgent News Re Grafton Pound.

pandypam

Hi,

We have been invited to give a deputation to Grafton council concerning conditions at Grafton pound.

This will be held at the pound, Induna Street, Sth Grafton.

Tuesday the 8 June at 12.45pm.

We are urgeing anyone with an interest in animal rescue/pound conditions etc to come along and show their support.

We will have a 5min time slot and only one person can speak.

Some issues raised will be, opening hours ( total 10 per week, no weekend), Volunteers ( not allowed), viewing impounded animals ( not allowed) website ( limited), Rangers killing dogs and cats ( not done by vets) vet treatment of impounded animal (?), large kill rate ( 70% for dogs and 90%for cats).

Please come if you can, we need to show that people DO care, it will only be for a max of 15min.

Edited by pandypam

OMG what a dismal & tragic place. Not in NSW myself but I sincerely hope there is plenty of support & input at this meeting.

Its a breeders dread that any of the animals they breed end up somewhere like this, unlikely as it may seem it can happen.

So not only for this reason obviously but for all of them. Animals deserve a better chance of life than this. :D

sounds like our local pound, dogs if not claimed are often pts.

there was one ranger there in the 90's who had a no kill policy and would pick up re homed dogs who tryed to return to their old home for free..... she was sacked..... guess it weren't trendy then.

they have no web only do adverts in the paper from time to time. rscpa lady does tend to foster a lot...and has great sucess. she uses the local pet shop to display some too. cats as well.

Thanks guys,

Please just spread the word if you know anyone this way, we only recieved notice on Thursday.

gillybob :D

Its on site at the pound so emails are no good, we have allready presented our Mayor with a petition with over 1200 signitures and I think that really helped us get this far.

Its so important for people to put bums on seats, (so to speak) when trying to change anything related to animal issues.

Im up in Glen Innes, do you have an email address?

Cant get there but I can email.