So Proud I Could Burst...

Thats wonderful Vickie!!!! Did you get it on video? Its lovely to see dogs do what they were bred to do isn't it. :champagne:

Do you ever have those days where your dog just totally blows you away? Where you get a lump in your throat & just could not imagine admiring or loving them any more?

We were doing some filmwork today and after we had finished, they were talking about dogs working geese. Someone asked me if my dogs would do it. I replied honestly that I had no idea. They work sheep, but have never seen a goose before, let alone tried to work one.

I put Trim on a long line and asked her to drive the geese down a corridor. She hasn't worked anything at all for quite a while & the geese had never been worked before so we took all necessary precautions. Immediately she recognised them as "sheep-like" things and proceeded to drive them, albeit hampered a bit by the long line. Once I realised she would work them like she works sheep (and that they weren't going to attack her), we took the line off & asked her to cast & fetch them to me.

She was brilliant! She stayed off them, kept them settled by giving ground where she needed to & covered beautifully to keep them on a straight fetch.

It has made me realise how much I miss working her, how bloody talented she is...and just how beautiful she is to watch when she works. I couldn't be more proud of her if I tried. I love my gorgeous girl!

Thanks for letting me share :provoke:

Please feel free to share your "God, I love my dog moments"

Our most recent was at an ADAA trial - we did our first team event - a 3 dog relay. We entered a team at the last minute made up of 3 fairly green dogs. We had no expectations, just a bit of fun and an extra run. Not only did our team run clear but we got first place against more experienced teams!

I heard all about that from the others :( What a thrill :rofl: Well done to the young uns :(

Thats wonderful Vickie!!!! Did you get it on video? Its lovely to see dogs do what they were bred to do isn't it. :rofl:

no, it was filmed by a film crew, but I don't have it on video. I have heaps of video of her on sheep...just not on geese :( .

A couple of weeks ago at dog training I had one of those OMG my dog is awesome days.

Whatever I threw at Lewis he id it, did it with style and blew me away.

OH asked me how dog training had gone, My answer - Lewis is awesome. And he was, the next week was not as good, but hey we can't be perfect all the time :(

:rofl: Lewis, what a good boy!!!

I love it when it all comes together and even if it is for only a moment there is a bond where you are so totally together it is surreal. I love those little moments.

I know. The little moments are the ones you remember forever, the ones that make your heart swell and inspire you to aim for more.

I thought about putting thsi in the brags thread, but it's something different I think. We have had some nice wins in agility lately, but the feeling I had with them is nothing compared to what we did yesterday. Sometimes things are special b/c they are unexpected, even if the performance can be improved.

Edited by Vickie

Yep I know exactly how you feel. Its a great feeling. My girl is blowing me away at the moment as Ive have said in another thread. She got my blue mob of cows in again this morning on her own. I am so proud of her. :(

Edited by kelpiekaye

She was brilliant! She stayed off them, kept them settled by giving ground where she needed to & covered beautifully to keep them on a straight fetch.

It has made me realise how much I miss working her, how bloody talented she is...and just how beautiful she is to watch when she works. I couldn't be more proud of her if I tried. I love my gorgeous girl!

Thanks for letting me share :bottom:

Please feel free to share your "God, I love my dog moments"

Well done Vickie. My 2 both had no hassles adapting to ducks, haven't tried geese but I would guess they are similar. Jazz will start to work them but for the first minute or so you can see her looking for sheep while she does it. LOL.

What filmwork are you doing with her? You should be proud of that too :rofl: