Career In Animals Buisness

Hi

I did work experience at Hanrob in Heathcote for a week about 5 months and i really enjoyed it and i really want to work there now,

I was wondering if anyone here had worked there or a similar place before and wanted to know if there are any minimum requirements that i need to work there e.g. Dog handling/Training courses

And if it helps i am 16 and live 2 min away from hanrob

But i dont want to phone because my friend says its unprofessional if i ask what stuff i need and i hate phoning people

Actually, it would be seen as beneficial if you called them yourself to find out what you need to do/study in order to gain employment there... you would show that you had initiative.. a plus for any employer :cry:

Since you live nearby, why don't you drop in and say hi, and ask what kind of qualifications/qualities they look for in their workers. I'm sure if you worked with them before, they would be happy to answer your questions.

I personally think you should finish school first before going head first into any courses. Do science/biology classes so you have a strong background.

TAFE in NSW has a Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training that you can do after you graduate high school.

You should check out the MyFuture website and see what kind of occupations there are in the animal industry. Here's a head start.