Belly Wraps

Sonic

Yep - they are great! I wish I had thought of something like that for my poor old boy who was put to sleep a couple of years ago. He would wee on EVERYTHING.

I currently use them on my own entire min pin and an older foster boy who was desexed very late in life. I bought the first ones which have a sort of elastic fit around the edges, however I made some myself last week out of polar fleece and am really happy with the way they stay on. You have to put a sanitary pad on the inner surface (against the dog's skin). For the really hard cases I use a human incontinence pad such as Poise.

Thanks, I've had a look at the site and the prices are very reasonable. I'd googled them and couldn't believe how expensive they were (mainly from the US). Will measure my boy and put my order in.

You have to put a sanitary pad on the inner surface (against the dog's skin).

The ones I have from LoveMyFurbabies have a "tab" of very soft material that you slip the sanitiary pad behind. I was pretty lucky: my boy wasn't incontinent but he used to have accidents sometimes through the night. He was nearly 20 when I had to let him go and it just meant I could relax and go to sleep. Even so, if he was awake and needed to go to the toilet he would wake me up.

I used them with a blind and deaf rescue who had never lived inside a house and was 8 years old and not neutered when he came to me. I had to try and train him, discourage him from marking and also get him to recognise and learn the way to get outside to wee....not an easy feat! We relied very heavily on belly bands. I used the no-name brand super sanitary pads for him inside. The bigger and the more absorbent the better!!

Edited by ~Anne~