Dremmel

Sandra777

OK - so who has a dremmel for dogs' nails? Or something similar? What recommendations please and any good tips about where to buy? Cordless or not?

What gauge (grade?) head is best - Stafford feet we're talking about here. :)

Any suggestions welcomed! (Yes they are walked on the road :) )

:) Hi Sandra I have a Dremel - MultiPro rechargable battery 7.2 V

I got mine from Bunnings in the small tool section It came with 4 little sand paper wheels, but you could get any thickness you needed.......

I have Pugs and I am very happy with mine..

Hope this helps.

I have the lithium Ion rechargeable cordless model - almost top of the range but the reasons I like it are:

Battery memory better as you can charge it any time and not affect the life of the battery & it stays charged for longer.

Better speed variable settings so you can easily find the one that is just right for your dog.

Less vibration than some models.

I use the standard sandpaper barrel that comes with the unit - I find it doesnt heat up quickly and doesnt take too much off too fast.

Overall I highly recommend a Dremel.

Also here is a link to Dremelling your dogs nails easily. It is for Dobermanns but any nail can be cut the same way :cry:

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/dob...mel/dremel.html

Happy Dremelling :thumbsup:

As for where to buy it (sorry missed that bit ;) )

I searched the various tool places online & then printed off that price, took it to bunnings & they bettered it :) every bit helps.

Bunnings has all the range there so you can get an idea of what works well for you ergonomically.

• 2 weeks later...
As for where to buy it (sorry missed that bit :( )

I searched the various tool places online & then printed off that price, took it to bunnings & they bettered it :) every bit helps.

Bunnings has all the range there so you can get an idea of what works well for you ergonomically.

I LOVE Bunnings, what a wonderful place to shop :( I also buy my toggles there for my silver shades, only $4.00 for pack of 4

They are in the tarp section....and called Tie downs!!

I also use the stylus (pictured above ^ ), but find the sandstone looking attachment better than the sand paper bands, esp for large nails .

I bought mine at Bunnings.

Edited by DBT