Not Happy.. Charlie Is Now Bald

W Sibs

How fast does dog fur grow back?! Does fur grow back evenly?

Charlie went to the groomers today leaving the house looking like this

4598190784_249bce3f10.jpg

4617938205_2a8070aca8.jpg

to coming home like this

4641080249_7bea822927.jpg

Not happy. It's not what we asked for.. we asked for at trim all over and not a fricken bald shave!! On the positive side is that he seems happy with less fur weight taken off him... BUT STILL... it's freezing!!

I miss his fluffiness :D

Edited by CW EW

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D He barely had a coat before. Next time just ask for a bath and tidy. That way they'll do his face, feet and bum and clean up any stragglers. Bummer they clipped him off :laugh:

Looks like Charlie has an excuse to buy some new clothes! Did you complain? I would have.

As for coat growing back all dogs are different and grow back at different rates, some dont ever grow back the same, Ive come a cross a few border collies and border collie crosses that have once been clipped and never grown back right...same with corgies for some reason! I hope charlies grows back nicely!

Who recommended the groomer? Was anyone able to help you out on here? The first time I had my guys groomed I just looked someone up in the yellow pages - my 2 poodles actually came back looking worse than Charlie (it was a mobile and were shoved through my front door wet in Canberra July winter). I learnt my lesson and got some great recommendations from here so it might be worth a shot

stormie: not denying that he is still not cute... because he really is, especially his floppy ears... but still, it's freezing now!

clyde: i asked them for a trim on the his chest, belly, legs and butt area... then they shaved him! they didn't touch the face, only cutting around the ears (boyfriend's request because he didn't Charlie's having long hair on his ear :D )

Looks like Charlie has an excuse to buy some new clothes! Did you complain? I would have.

As for coat growing back all dogs are different and grow back at different rates, some dont ever grow back the same, Ive come a cross a few border collies and border collie crosses that have once been clipped and never grown back right...same with corgies for some reason! I hope charlies grows back nicely!

Oh yeah.. first thing first... we are going to go out and buy some coats, jumpers and shirts for Charlie!!

The boyfriend picked him up... he is the kind of guy who has the attitude.. it has happened, just let it go. I came home and saw it and took me about an hour to look pass what happened, and I'm ok. I will be making a complaint

Who recommended the groomer? Was anyone able to help you out on here? The first time I had my guys groomed I just looked someone up in the yellow pages - my 2 poodles actually came back looking worse than Charlie (it was a mobile and were shoved through my front door wet in Canberra July winter). I learnt my lesson and got some great recommendations from here so it might be worth a shot

the vets recommended it. due with charlie's back, we were really weary on people handling him and stuff.

they handle charlie perfectly but the cut wasn't so perfect :D

It sucks that you would have to spend more $, but you could get him some doggie pjs until his coat grows back if you're worried about him getting cold. My dogs love their pjs.

Edited by Baby Dragon

It sucks that you would have to spend more $, but you could get him some doggie pjs until his coat grows back if you're worried about him getting cold. My dogs love their pjs.

I like this idea...I think Charlie would look pretty sexy is some special doggy Pjs! :D

I like this idea...I think Charlie would look pretty sexy is some special doggy Pjs! :D

online searching and shopping for his now.. just got to go and measure him for size!

well, i did say i wanted a short hair dog one day...

I am a full time groomer & cant tell you how often what people ask isnt whareally want see we make sure we question anything that we feel is odd.Not everyone will or has too as they will do what is asked so.

So when you ask for this

we asked for at trim all over

You will often end up with what you got the degree in which its shaved off can vary .

May i ask who dropped him off & told the groomer what was wanted??

We get husbands who drop off & say short all over,having spoken to the wife on the phone we often end up phoning to confirm the request when it was different to what was aksed to be done.

Wording to a groomer is very different to Joe Blow BUT groomers should ask & advice on the coat/

Looking at the dog i would hav touch the coat but trimmed the feet & maybe bum if an issue otherwise the coat is so fine & not long it wouldnt have been worth clipping.A good hand stripping of the dead coat on all areas would have worked a treat even for the ears & then trimming the edges

online searching and shopping for his now.. just got to go and measure him for size!

Try here :laugh:

I am a full time groomer & cant tell you how often what people ask isnt whareally want see we make sure we question anything that we feel is odd.Not everyone will or has too as they will do what is asked so.

So when you ask for this

we asked for at trim all over

You will often end up with what you got the degree in which its shaved off can vary .

May i ask who dropped him off & told the groomer what was wanted??

We get husbands who drop off & say short all over,having spoken to the wife on the phone we often end up phoning to confirm the request when it was different to what was aksed to be done.

Wording to a groomer is very different to Joe Blow BUT groomers should ask & advice on the coat/

Looking at the dog i would hav touch the coat but trimmed the feet & maybe bum if an issue otherwise the coat is so fine & not long it wouldnt have been worth clipping.A good hand stripping of the dead coat on all areas would have worked a treat even for the ears & then trimming the edges

We both dropped him off... we talked to one groomer and she was writing everything down, but the boyfriend picked up Charlie, and told me that another groomer did Charlie instead. So, I think there was some kind of miscommunication between them. My boyfriend is very particular on things like this, he was telling her exactly what he wanted done. I just wanted the paw and legs hair trimmed and his nails cut.

We went in there early to introduce Charlie to the groomer and showed them exactly how to lift Charlie up and how to handle him. They showed us what kind of tools they will be using with Charlie.

So I'm sure they are very good, but there was a mix up between the groomers.

I like this idea...I think Charlie would look pretty sexy is some special doggy Pjs! :thumbsup:

Try here :laugh:

ohhh thanks!!! :eek:

Why anyone would clip off a spaniel type coat is beyond me. I wouldn't have paid.

Don't let this groomer anywhere near Emmi. JS should NEVER be clipped.

I'm letting no groomer go to my little girl... only to get her paws trimmed though, but I've been doing that myself.