Just Had A Rspca Inspection.

smooch

Just had a knock on my door from a RSPCA inspector, :) apparently someone had reported me for having a lot of very thin cattle dogs on my property. He inspects the dogs which are Kelpies and says they are fine except for a little bit of a skin allergy on one of them but as she is under vet treatment for it no problems so doesn't know what is going on. The address he has is no 5 which doesn't exist. I do not know anyone with cattle dogs around here. The other thing is that for anyone to see out dogs they would have had to entered out property and as I am here nearly all the time I would have known if someone had been around.

The only positive thing from this is that the RSPCA did act on a complaint and checked things out.

Edited by smooch

My daughter just rang the inspector back and from the conversation we are thinking it is a neighbor who we have had problems with over the years. He just keeps finding ways to cause problems like cutting our internal fences, letting our bull in with our heifers, letting the oil out of the irrigation pump and poisoning one of our bulls a few years ago, but we just can't prove they are doing it.

The inspector said there is no problems with our animals.

My daughter just rang the inspector back and from the conversation we are thinking it is a neighbor who we have had problems with over the years. He just keeps finding ways to cause problems like cutting our internal fences, letting our bull in with our heifers, letting the oil out of the irrigation pump and poisoning one of our bulls a few years ago, but we just can't prove they are doing it.

maybe you need to buy a few cheap cameras and hook them up to catch them. i think you can get them to hook up to a PC then the PC hard drive captures the video

What a nightmare. Is there any way you could install video cameras so that the culprit could be caught doing the deed? What a creep. How could anyone harbor such an attitude? May karma come to those who most deserve it.

maybe you need to buy a few cheap cameras and hook them up to catch them. i think you can get them to hook up to a PC then the PC hard drive captures the video

Do you have kennelled dogs or are they all "free range"?

I am on 18 acres so a bit hard to cover the place with cameras.

The dogs are in a smaller yard with access to two dog runs, they are locked in these of a night, also have about 2 acres done in with chicken wire where the dogs are let out for a run of a afternoon.

Bartok - The kelpies are in a yard with a enclosed run inside of it to lock them into of a night.

I was 20 mins away when Smooch (My Mother) rang me to tell me we had a visit from the RSPCA.

I rang the inspector in tears as I was so upset to be accused/inspected.

He was really nice and has offered to help us if we have more problems with said neighbour as I told him I have concern for our animals welfare at our neighbours hands.

Hopefully our neighbour isn't back up to his old tricks and stops causing problems!!!

I know! Aren't my kids in appalling condition!!!

I'm still fuming about this. The RSPCA man was very good. I spoke to him in regards to my concerns for their safety and welfare and he has offered to help us however he can. If anything happens that I am concerned about, he has told us he will look after us.

I told my boss at the vets what happened and he was going to wring our neighbours neck, he's very upset that either mum or myself have had this happen.

If that was my neighbour he'd be lead poisoned by now.

My daughter just rang the inspector back and from the conversation we are thinking it is a neighbor who we have had problems with over the years. ...

I was going to ask you if there was someone with a bad attitude to you. From the actions you've listed that the neighbour seems to have done.... sounds like some serious personality problems there. Do you know if he's targeting anyone else as well? Can be strength in numbers....at least for providing proof something bad is happening. Trouble is....people with a big dose of nasty paranoia can go all out to target one person or family.

You've probably done it anyway....but those destructive dangerous things should be reported to the police. That bloke goes beyond just trying to annoy someone.

You're right that a positive thing is that the inspector acted on the complaint. Another positive thing is that the inspector now seems to know that the neighbour's a likely source of vexacious complaints. And there's a record you've been targeted. Could be useful info, if ever needing to report other things he's likely done.

Edited by mita

What a scary & very upsetting thing to happen.

we have a phsyco neighbour as well, and had an rspca inspection as a result of his trouble making. Felt exactley the same as you - terribly upset. But when we asked the inspector who had made the complaint, he gestured with his head towards the neighbour's place, but of course could not tell us who !!!

Is your neighbour known to police ? our's is, and because of his previous actions towards all who live here, he only has to look at any of us in the area the wrong way and we have the police on his doorstep now.

I think all you can hope with idiots like that, is that karma backs over them in the form of a B-double !!!

fifi

Mita - As far as I know this guy hasn't targeted anyone else, but in saying that I tend to stay to myself, so don't really know. I have been to the police previously and as they said I have to be able to prove the things he has done or said which isn't easy. Things settle down and than out of the blue for no apparent reason he does something like this. I do not speak to him or go near the boundary fences when he is around. I know He watches every move we do around the place. A few years ago I planted heaps of trees around the shed where we live so as he can't see when we go out, that has slowed things down a bit. At one stage he was ringing my phone to see if we were here, but as I don't answer the phone until after the answering machine takes the call that didn't work for him lol.

Quote :-I think all you can hope with idiots like that, is that karma backs over them in the form of a B-double !!! Quote

Fifi love the B-double bit.

At one time I was considering selling up and finding something else but as my real state agent said I would find it hard to find another acreage right in town.

Anyone with bad neighbours has my sympathy!

Mine are really bad.

They rang the local council when we had a litter recently and reported us for conducting an illegal business from home (ie selling puppies). Think they were p......ed off cos once or twice our visitors parked in front of their place. They said that we had people there all the time. It also happened to be Christmas so we had family visiting as well, heaven forbid!

Anyway, we had 2 council rangers turn up to inspect our "puppy farm". They loved my dogs and would have bought puppies themselves if they could have.

My daughter has posted and the dogs in question are the ones in her siggy (Everythingsshiny) so as you can see they are really very thin and neglected. lol.

And so unhappy looking! No smiles on those doggie faces ;)

Neighbours suck.