Walk On Loose Lead Please Handler!

Lablover

The German judge at the recent Weimaraner national asked us to do just this... walking out and back and then around, all at a walk with a loose lead. Ari sniffed the ground almost the whole way around!

A friend of mine was over in Adelaide for the Wei national & laughed at how walking on a loose leash sorted out the "men from the boys".....so to speak. :laugh:

Personally I always/will show my sheppies on loose leashes too, I always smile to myself when I hear the group 5 judge clearly say "loose leashes" for the sheppies. :p

Hmm just out of curiosity, how would walking on a loose leash sort the "men from the boys"? do you mean it didn't allow anyone to disguise movement or do you mean something else? I personally wasn't bothered by it... but i am aware of the many that were.

I am regularly asked to walk on a loose lead with the other breed I show... but there is a reason for that.

The German judge at the recent Weimaraner national asked us to do just this... walking out and back and then around, all at a walk with a loose lead. Ari sniffed the ground almost the whole way around!

A friend of mine was over in Adelaide for the Wei national & laughed at how walking on a loose leash sorted out the "men from the boys".....so to speak. :heart:

Personally I always/will show my sheppies on loose leashes too, I always smile to myself when I hear the group 5 judge clearly say "loose leashes" for the sheppies. :)

Hmm just out of curiosity, how would walking on a loose leash sort the "men from the boys"? do you mean it didn't allow anyone to disguise movement or do you mean something else? I personally wasn't bothered by it... but i am aware of the many that were.

I am regularly asked to walk on a loose lead with the other breed I show... but there is a reason for that.

Sorry.. bad choice of words ;) It most certainly meant to mean, not allowing anyone to disguise their dogs movement. My girlfriend who was there competing with her dogs commented on how some of the dogs really showed their "true" movement on loose leashes and how it was nice to see natural movement.

I certainly didn't mean for it to come across as anything else :heart: