Letter From Peta.

Larrikin

Just opening some mail that I recieved during the week and I got a letter from PETA.

How they got my address, I don't know.

They sent me 5 cents and ask me answer yes/no questions about the pet fur industry. They also ask me to donate and become a member.

Isn't sending money through the mail illegal.

Has anyone else recieved simular mail.

Edited by all4gsd

I once received a chain mail sort of letter with 5c attached, I cant remember what it was but it was something along the lines of "send me $2 and I will send you a list of 20 people, when you forward this letter onto them they will send you the $2" it was one of those 'sit on your a*se and become a millionaire' sort of letters, I kept the 5c and left it at that lol

I haven't had a similar situation but I immediately put any charity on my "don't ever donate" list when they mail anything to me, I wouldn't like to think that donations are being spent on postage or stupid little gifts when they should be spent on helping the animals.

I once received a chain mail sort of letter with 5c attached, I cant remember what it was but it was something along the lines of "send me $2 and I will send you a list of 20 people, when you forward this letter onto them they will send you the $2" it was one of those 'sit on your a*se and become a millionaire' sort of letters, I kept the 5c and left it at that lol

Love those sit on your a*se and become a millionaire careers. :thumbsup::thumbsup: How good are they? How many people do you know that have sat on their a*se and become rich (heirs excluded)

Love those sit on your a*se and become a millionaire careers. :thumbsup::thumbsup: How good are they? How many people do you know that have sat on their a*se and become rich (heirs excluded)

Id like to know how many people actually believe it will happen like that...obviously some must to keep this stuff circulating

Edited by GoldenGirl85

I received that letter from PETA, as well. I was tempted to send it back with a note -"boy, did you pick the wrong person to send this to" and tell them what they could do with their 5c :hug:

What's wrong with Peta? I thought they're doing a good deed overall. Perhaps I should google them and see why they

appear to be disliked. :thumbsup:

I received that letter from PETA, as well. I was tempted to send it back with a note -"boy, did you pick the wrong person to send this to" and tell them what they could do with their 5c :rofl:

What's wrong with Peta? I thought they're doing a good deed overall. Perhaps I should google them and see why they

appear to be disliked. :laugh:

No, they don't. Do a search here on DOL and you will fnd a lot of references to what they have done. In short, however, they are a loopy, publicity seeking group of propaganderists who believe that dogs should be allowed to run free in the 'wild' and that their ultimate goal is for humanity to die out completely. Just slightly nihilistic. More importantly, they have appalling PTS stats on animals surrendered to them.

PETA USED to be good but now they have gone so far left they have disappeared up their own ..you know what.

their agenda now is to stop all people from owning pets because that is abusing the pets. they also disagree with purebred dogs and purebred dog breeders.

they are no longer allies for pet owners...in fact maybe they never were.

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

I received that letter from PETA, as well. I was tempted to send it back with a note -"boy, did you pick the wrong person to send this to" and tell them what they could do with their 5c :rofl:

appear to be disliked. :laugh:

No, they don't. Do a search here on DOL and you will fnd a lot of references to what they have done. In short, however, they are a loopy, publicity seeking group of propaganderists who believe that dogs should be allowed to run free in the 'wild' and that their ultimate goal is for humanity to die out completely. Just slightly nihilistic. More importantly, they have appalling PTS stats on animals surrendered to them.

WHAT? Animals should be allowed to run free? I am utterly shocked that they would put animals to sleep in such high numbers! And all along I thought they were a lending their voice for the benefit of animals! :o

PETA USED to be good but now they have gone so far left they have disappeared up their own ..you know what.

their agenda now is to stop all people from owning pets because that is abusing the pets. they also disagree with purebred dogs and purebred dog breeders.

How can any organization in their right mind be aiming to stop people from owning pets? That is preposterous. And why would they be against purebred dog breeders? Surely that would also include BYB? If they don't believe in pet ownership it would have to involve all breeders. If that is what they are all about then maybe they should keep their heads deep in the cavity that allows no ray of sunshine! :laugh:

Edited by GardenofEden

How can any organization in their right mind be aiming to stop people from owning pets? That is preposterous. And why would they be against purebred dog breeders? Surely that would also include BYB? If they don't believe in pet ownership it would have to involve all breeders. If that is what they are all about then maybe they should keep their heads deep in the cavity that allows no ray of sunshine! :laugh:

Another convert :rofl:

PETA is so contradictory in their views not a single 'follower' can walk in a straight line

indeed.

No, there just isn't recompense if it goes missing. Sending a gift acts on the principle of reciprocity, most people (unless they really hate the sender) will feel at least slightly compelled to do something nice for the sender. It's quite an effective tactic and you can be sure they have marketers who test all sorts of approaches to come up with the most effective campaigns, this would be one of them.

It's a pity it wasn't more money, you could have added us all to their mailing list and we all might have got a couple of bucks at PETA's expense!

Just opening some mail that I recieved during the week and I got a letter from PETA.

How they got my address, I don't know.

They sent me 5 cents and ask me answer yes/no questions about the pet fur industry. They also ask me to donate and become a member.

Has anyone else recieved simular mail.

PETA's kill rate is sickening.

- Mike