Importing

Pukipoms

What countries can u import into Aussie/NZ from that Require No quarantine?

I know from Aussie to NZ there is none...

Also how much does it ruffly cost to import from countries that there is no quarantine involved?

Thanks.

Edited by Pukipoms

As far as I know there are no others... but there are some countries that require less time than others. Look on the AQIS site for details of the classes of each country. Countries like the UK and Sweden require less in terms of testing before they leave the country, and can be imported earlier than others.

Importing/exporting from and to NZ probably depends on the size of the animal you are moving... no one can give you a rough cost if they don't know what size the dog is.

You can import into NZ from the UK with no quarantine & I think Hawaii too?? Sweden and Finland and somewhere else didn't used to require much and certainly no actual quarantine, but more tests at the other end I think? UK - NZ for sure, I did it, Hawaii was a definite as I met a pet owner who did it (but this was when there was quarantine between the USA mainland & Hawaii which I think is less stringent now so maybe Hawaii - NZ has changed too).

Very little if none. Australia prides itself on being "rabies-free" so any country where there is a chance of rabies is definitely out, you will need to quarantine. Exporting is much easier as you can export to almost anywhere with no quarantine :thumbsup: