Aluminium Crates

Guest bigdogg

Guest bigdogg
Hi bigdogg, I am definitely interested in getting a dog cage / bed frame made up from alloy for the back of my troop carrier, if they are not too expensive.

Would you possibly be able to put me in touch with who you are getting your crates made through? I'd also like an idea on price!

Cheers.

Edit because I didn't realise you'd asked for a description...

It would need to run the length of a troop carrier from behind the seats to the back doors, be at window height, and have the back half enclosed for the dog, and the door setup I want is kinda funky, I'd prolly have to talk to the guy and work it out... so umm, about 2.5m long and 1m high with only half enclosed?

any chance you could send me a pm with a drawing of what your after.. The closer the measurements the more accurate he can quote..

lockable latches? no roof?

put your phone number in the pm and i will get him to call you.

(this is a big forum - reluctant to give out information as he will get over run with doing quotes - and i need him to make my crate before i move north.. Selfish - YES I AM.. :laugh: )

We have a canopy on our hilux tray which has 5 crates, draws and other storage area (for my remote throwers). Electrics still to be organised, fans, lights etc.

We also have (3) semi permanent crates in our Troop Carrier.

I have photos of both set ups, if someone can Email me, and add to thread. I am hopeless on computers and it would take more forever to add snaps.

Guest bigdogg
We have a canopy on our hilux tray which has 5 crates, draws and other storage area (for my remote throwers). Electrics still to be organised, fans, lights etc.

We also have (3) semi permanent crates in our Troop Carrier.

I have photos of both set ups, if someone can Email me, and add to thread. I am hopeless on computers and it would take more forever to add snaps.

if you email them to me - i can put them up for you..

[email protected]

bigdogg, have e-mailed you, was easier to do that than attach a pic to a PM :)

Edit: I am moving interstate soon too - if I can afford his prices I definitely need the setup asap :(

Edited by Jake-K9

Guest bigdogg

Forwarded the email on Jake..

Be interesting to see his quote against anothers..

Lablover's set up for their ute.. It looks Awesome!!!!

post-10526-1274607825_thumb.jpg

Thanks bigdogg, had a chat and he should be able to help for a price I will be happy with :)

Haven't gotten any quotes from anywhere else as every other place I have approached (maybe 4-5 casually before I gave up on the idea, until I saw your thread) was too busy, too expensive, or wanted me to do up tech drawings - yeah, not happening LOL!

Lablover, wow! AWESOME dogmobile!

Thanks Bigdogg for posting a photo, I sent another just in case the front air vents needed to be shown, also the air extractors.

Not finished yet, but can be used, as is. Tested with my husband inside, before dogs allowed. Dear man.

Reversing camera to be organised.

Rubber on draw handles as they rattle (smallest job ha ha).

Electrics, fans, lighting, (2nd battery) in car, and in time shelves in the spare area. Water containers under tray.

Any questions please feel to ask.

Made by a tool box company. Poor people nearly went mad, with our additions. Side windows etc. Every cm. counted. Could have ended up much higher than vehicle.

Edited by Lablover