Advice Please...

SparkyTansy

Wouldn't bother me at all if the person explained why they were enquiring. Some people just find it all too unnerving approaching breeders. Then they go to the pet shop. I expect the people would contact & visit after you did the groundwork for them. Then the breeder can decide if they are the right home for their puppy & form an opinion.

Sounds sensible if they can't do it themselves or haven't the confidence or know how.

That is my thought. The more experienced person assesses whether the breeder is any good or not. The breeder then speaks to the person who wants to adopt the dog to assess whether the buyer is any good or not. I wouldn't expect a breeder to sell a pup to someone without assessing that person obviously.

Exactly - just like it isn't always easy for a breeder to pick a good owner from a bad one, it's not always easy for someone who hasn't bought a registered puppy from a breeder before to decide who is good or not. As said in my original post, it was about doing the ground work, asking the questions and narrowing it down to breeders to contact. We all know that if someone asks the wrong type of questions, a breeder will not always reply... the idea was that I would declare who i was and ask them questions, then ask if i can refer a friend onto them to speak to them about purchasing a puppy.

Anyway, it all worked out. My friend put down a deposit for a puppy and I believe that the breeder is a fellow DOLer :) I am sure they are now in very capable hands.