My New Camera :)

OMD²

Well we ended up getting the Canon :rofl:

We are still learning how everything works.. But I keep opting for playing around with the camera instead of reading the manual hehehe. So here are some pics I have taken so far.

chris.jpg

Chris

cool.jpg

dude1.jpg

dude2.jpg

flower1.jpg

oscar1.jpg

waterfeature1.jpg

These are all taken with the 50mm 1.8 One day I hope to be half as good as all of you

What model camera did you buy and did it come with kit lenses or did you buy the body and lens separately? I ended up changing my camera so instead of half pressing the shutter button to focus and then fully pressing to take the photo, I customised it so I use the * button to focus. You get used to it really quickly and it's much better IMO.

Do a bit of both, play with the camera but then go back and read the manual to better understand.

Kirislin we got the 500D with the 2 kits lens,memory, tripod, and camera bag, 2 years warranty for a great price and the 50mm 1.8 at a reduced price as well. I have been playing around with the settings etc,.. it is all very interesting :rofl:

My apologies for missing this thread OMD².

Firstly Congratulations on purchasing your first DSLR !!!! :rofl: Altho I would have gone a Nikon :eek: You have done well :rofl:

I'm enjoying looking at your first lot of lovely photos in here. You are doing very well atm, and will get better as you get more confident and experienced with it :rofl:

The main thing is to have fun, and just practice heaps! Thats the beauty of digital cameras, you can just keep clicking away !

Looking fwd to seeing more of your photos !